PBP: May 8 chelsea boro

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, May 8, 2017.

1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Iwouldn't be susrprised if we hear exit rumors regarding Costa like we did Drogba.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, one other thing I meant to say about Alonso. Whether we reinforce that position or not (I think we should/will - we have had no injury concerns), Alonso has earned the right to start int hat position until he is dethroned. And that includes Champions League. He has played against some of the best right sided players and usually shuts them all down.

3. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hmm, would he do that in the not-last game of the season? I saw the wave, but I just thought he knew someone in the crowd.

I wouldnt be surprised if he moved, either. Would be great if he stayed and we reinforced anyway. Why wasnt Michy even on the bench!?

4. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i saw that wave and almost commented at the time. it was certainly strange and looked like a possible goodbye to me. of course we could all be reading more into it than it warrants but that's certainly not his normal celebration.

it's a shame, he's got a few more years of top class in him if he wants it. though i imagine, it's hard to turn down being set for life if the rumors are true. we'll have to wait and see what happens. he certainly looked up for this past game though.

5. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    It used to be 10. I looked it up and it appears Ivan made 13 league appearances before leaving so he'll collect his third medal. Since the Russian league ends on the 21st it would be nice if he had a seat in the stands for the Final and a spot on a bus for a parade in the event we take care of business.

Blueallthru repped this.
  6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's has improved as the season progressed and while we do need depth behind him I'd look more for a bench player than someone to come in and force him to bench.

7. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    noodles wouldn't be a bad wingback option honeslty. though i'm in for someone more proven as well. and noodles has to recover first anyway.

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That he wasn't necessarily first choice at his loan club is problematic....but I agree, wingback suits him much better than fullback.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    dafuk is noodles?

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Baba "ramen" noodles

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely forgot about him. He would actually make good depth at left wingback.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    What about Kennedy?

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No

truefan420 repped this.
  14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seconded

15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yea agreed Nice, Rahmen's failings as a LB could be an asset as a LWB. that's the thought there. working with Conte could help him a lot as well. not saying he's THE solution either. just a possible one that wouldn't cost money and has some merits worth thinking about. we know he's quick and athletic and likes getting down and putting in crosses.

as for Kenedy, i'm not sure what his future is, but i still see him as a good option for an inverted RF. the question mark being at what level of course.

16. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Unlike Jose, Conte will give him a legitimate look. Amazing how he had the know-how to take two deadline day signings (Luiz, Alonso) and someone who has been stuck in loan limbo (Victor) to transform our defense entirely.. I have pretty high hopes for what he'll be able to accomplish this summer in terms of getting who he really wants as well as what he sees in players we do have that no one else does.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just remembered he didn't leave on loan on good terms.
    He called out Conte on his way out

18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full back," he told German newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten.

"So I would have had very little playing time. Conte advised me to leave on loan. We will see what happens after this season."

I think they're probably fine.

truefan420 repped this.
  19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure they are. For some reason I though it was a little more aggressive than that.

20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tbh I thought the same when you mentioned it. I think the media just spun it.