PBP: May 8 chelsea boro

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, May 8, 2017.

1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    sounds like Terry getting ready.

2. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i'm not crying, you're crying.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I get the Terry sub, but I'd still would have much rather seen Michy.

4. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Does Terry need games to get a medal? Forgot how many games he has this season.

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ^was wondering the same, not sure but it's possible. he did start like the first four or so games i think.

edit: 5 league appearances. he's good. i believe today puts him on 7.

Wrath repped this.
  6. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Conte, pure class. goes through every single member of Middlesborough squad to shake hands and then goes to clap the AWAY fans with them before taking selfies with chelsea fans.

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I've loved watching him in England. He can actually do things like this and it won't create a media maelstrom or trigger fan riots.

Of course, if he was still managing in Italy it would probably never even occur to him to applaud the opposition fans in the first place, because 1) he knows that they almost all universally despise him, or at least they did before he managed the Azzurri, and 2) he wouldn't want to offend the more, shall we say, "radical" elements of his own fan base, especially because he still has a house in Turin.

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Conte seems like he can be himself here.

Coincidentally, Gullit said he loved being at Chelsea because he could enjoy himself compared to Italy.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ok I will say... We are going to.... No, maybe after Friday's result ...or not

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's doesn't surprise me at all.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You're Juventus - that makes sense. It'd be like Fergie doing it to a relegated team - I doubt they'd take it kindly. :p Especially since Conte is so connected to Juve as a player too.

I do wonder at the tug and pull though between going back to Italy where his family is and.......going back to Italy where the circus is.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think he plans in bringing his family to London after this season.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yes, I've read that - although the plan was also to bring them over Christmas, which fell through. Hopefully he'll stay of course, although I hope Roman is patient - we're not clear favorites to win the league next season.

14. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Roman is the most patient man i know ;)

Kazuma repped this.
  15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now all we need is Walter3000.

TerminalVertigo repped this.
  16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, that was a nice result. Almost there. I will be in NY when we can win the league. Hopefully this won't have to wait until I'm back in the Bay Area.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Cesc just sounds like a really smart dude. The last 30 seconds is hilarious.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You going to a bar for the game Friday?

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I wish....all-day meeting. :(

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I have multiple meetings that day, so I'm in the same boat.

21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We're nearly there boys! Conte is so full of class compared to erm........the last fella we had in charge, its a shame about what I've just read here about Italy, 30 years ago there where a lot of problems here with fans and it took a while for the authorities to figure out how to deal with it but they got there in the end. If they want to put a stop to it in Italy (and its hooligan fans that stop a league from reaching its full potential) they have to be brave and ban the troublemakers for life (its what they did in England), for some reason though they seem reluctant to do that there. Its resulted in football in England once again becoming suitable for family viewing without fences, without police with dogs and without tear gas! Anyway thanks to Conte I have even become a bit of a Juventus fan (I hope they win the Euro anyway and usually if Chelsea aren't in a competition I couldn't care less about it). Luckily for me Friday's game will be perfect for sitting in the pub and (hopefully) watching the boys bring it on home (though I predict a score draw for this one).

Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. It is a nice change of pace to see our manager show such dignity and class and not berate an employee in front of 40K+ fans.

2. I don't think he leaves this summer. I think he likes the club and as long as our execs aren't assholes and give him reasonable transfer funds, we'll be OK.

3. Alonso was triggered for this match. You could see it early. It could've gone the other way with Adama burning Alonso every chance he got, but it went the other way. Speed doesn't always win. Alosnso is extremely smart in his defending and travels up and down the pitch with amazing proficiency for a man of his gait.

4. I wonder if Costa is falling back in love with the club. Winning can do that. Trophies can do that. Whatever happens, Conte has done a masterful job managing the egos in that locker room. Even Terry - which could have gone south fast. But everything has been headache free. Give Conte what he wants.

23. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ^^ wasn't Costa waving goodbye after his goal? Think his deal is done. He just likes winning and will give his 100% which I am perfectly fine with.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  24. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Marcos Alonso has been quietly, or not so quietly, brilliant this season.. I named him as one guy we could definitely upgrade, but I'm not so sure. Very consistent and able to score the odd goal. I'll take it.

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but surely Chelsea has changed since when Guillet came.. I mean pressure-wise...