Maximilian "Max" Goeggel at VfB Stuttgart

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's listed with the U-16's this season at Stuttgart.

Could we maybe change the thread title to Stuttgart? I feel like a lot of the threads where it only gives the country most people don't bother checking or updating. I can say I sometimes do that if I don't see a known club listed.

DC_Dave and Winoman repped this.
  2. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Called up to the u17 national team for the Nike International Friendlies

3. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only got 6 games this season. 4 starts and 2 sub appearances

4. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While you're in the title updating mood, here are some titles that need updating.
    Max Goeggel at Stuttgart
    Timmy Mueller at SR Delémont
    Joshua Pynadath at Ajax
    Kevin Coleman at SpVgg Bayreuth
    Robert Edward Deziel Jr. at Unión Adarve
    Emerson Hyndman thread needs updating to show that he's on loan (Go with whatever pun you want)
    There's many more but these are some that I found

Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread title updated.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1st game of the season today and Goeggel played 76 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Hoff U17.

8. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like he actually has not made the jump to the U19s. Played 80 in a 4-0 win over SSV Ulm 1846, and again 80 in a 2-1 win over Augsburg. Both games with the U17s.

Winoman and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    played in all 3 games with U17 this season. TBH, his supposed move to U19 always made 0 sense. Besides being an 02, he only played like 5 U17 games last season, hardly enough to jump to U19. And I don't think he would fit in the packed U19.

10. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    He was called up to the German U-17 team in February.

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he was actually only on call but made the squad for the friendlies due to someone else retracting. He's not provisionally capped by Germany either. Just to comment on this but a dfb youth call up doesn't mean much about quality of player, pre-U21 call ups are all over the place (general comment).

more importantly Goggel is moving up to Stuttgart U19 next season.

12. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Thanks for clarifying his international status!

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will say this, for now it seems 02 age group for German-American might be better than 96-01, even if 02-Christopher Scott is non USA eligible. The previous age groups are not great pretty much tops 2 player per age group that are relevant. And no guarantee those players even pan out too. 96 is pretty much like Gipson and that's it but even him not that great and constant injuries, almost 24 years old and still not established at any level.

I mean I think there has been like 10ish German-Americans 01 players and as of now it seems like most of them aren't great prospects. Maybe Flach and Hoffman seem to be the better prospects from that age group.

autobus39 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    has not been a good season for him, he's only played 4 games out of 7 for a total of 26 minutes.It does tell you a lot when a 03 (playing up his age group) is ahead of him and a starter for CB. And his other position DM he's just a back up to other players.

as a 02 he's eligible for U19 next season too and although 01s move on, the 03 will move up. So him getting game time is not really a guarantee either. And that other players younger and same age group are currently ahead, feels like unless he impresses he's behind.

15. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    Not to get political, but could it coincide with an increase in American troops to Germany right after 09.11.01. I tried finding historical deployment numbers online, but with no luck.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's decreasing and decreasing, from wiki
    At the time of German Reunification in 1990, there were still about 200,000 US soldiers in Germany. By 2014, the number had been steadily reduced to 42,450 stationed in 38 facilities.[7]

that's over 3/4 reduction from the time of Chandler and company.

and
    According to Destatis, 107,755 American citizens lived in Germany in 2013,[4] and about 324,000 people with American ancestry.[1]

I feel like there is an increasing number of German-Americans were the American part is not really from troops. More like players who are American due to being born in the states or coming from the states. I think we need more info on some the younger age groups to know for certain. Hoffmann has German descent from his dad and comes from USA, Flach (not sure about parentage) but was born in USA but started playing in Germany at 5 according to TM, so between his birth and 5 years old ended up in Germany. The 2 Gladbach boys seems like they were both born in USA, one of them looks like it's due to his dad working there and the others seems like he's born in USA to a Brazilian father and German mom. Thomas (currently in USA it seems) his USA dad was ex player. Then it seems like another 2-3 German-Americans who seems like they come from USA but like Hoffmann have German surnames so at the min are German descends from the father, which likely gives easier access to the country.

Tom Collingsworth and BostonRed repped this.
  17. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    Very good info.

I was hitting at maybe that decrease started after the Cold War, but after 9/11 there was a bit of an increase which might explain why there was a bit of a dip in quality from 96-01, but the 02's on seem to be more of a full contingent.

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Believe his backstory is that his German family went to San Francisco for work and that's where he was born. Than what was it? post 11 years old, no idea when exactly they went to Germany (been there for what seems maybe 3-4 years or more) and now looks like he might return to the USA. He also turns 18 very soon, maybe he misses USA and more opportunities.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Winoman repped this.