Matthias Hamann scouting the U.S. for Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Based on a quick skim, he's scouting several age groups and not only American players.

Matthias Hamann: Danke. Ich werde für die Eintracht in den USA und England scouten und da vornehmlich in den Altersstufen U23 und U18. Meine erste Dienstreise beginnt heute. Sie führt mich nach Chicago. Ich werde fünf MLS-Spiele sehen und ab dem 8. Juli noch drei Partien der US-Nationalmannschaft.​

https://www.hna.de/kassel/matthias-hamann-fliegt-scout-frankfurt-8447124.html

Hamann was a scout for Klinsmann and had a long career in Germany. His brother Didi was a star for Germany and other teams.

sakibomb523 and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will attend five MLS games and all USMNT's three group stage games. Nice!

3. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a better schedule would be to attend US knockout games where they'll get tested and then the MLS matches when players will have returned from international duty.

But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I hope Roldan and Hamid are playing! It's about time Hamid finally makes the transition. He needs this sort of opportunity internationally to make the bridge. And I think Roldan is the type of player Germans would like because of his versatility and ability to play total football that they reinvented.

4. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    smart move by frankfurt...imo, the us market is undervalued in relation to the world market for players.