Matthew Olosunde at Preston North End

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Mar 31, 2015.

1. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He needs a loan for first team football but for that to happen he needs to figure out what his position is.

Kagler24 repped this.
  2. MaxKeeper

MaxKeeper New Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I Vote for Matthew Olosunde for Goal of the month !

He breaks 4 ankles and nutmegs the goalkeeper !!!!
    The next day he also scored a header in Dallas !

Right Back, Midfield or Forward Matthew has been delivering for Manchester United’s reserves.

Matthew’s goal:
    http://www.onceametro.com/2017/5/3/...f-month-zlatan-ibrahimovic-henrikh-mkhitaryan
    Vote Here:
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/Competition-And-Polls/Poll.aspx?id=%7BBFE09639-7308-4A20-BEEC-8A82EFF14B27%7D

ONCEAMETRO.com Wrote:
    How does 19-year-old Matt Olosunde's name even get into the same sentence as those of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, and Marcus Rashford? Manchester United's Goal of the Month competition, of course.

The former New York Red Bulls Academy player and US Men's Youth National Team international is part of Man United's youth set-up now, and he scored an impressive goal for the club's U-19 team against Real Salt Lake at Dallas Cup in April.

Olosunde is one of several players at high-profile clubs that it is thought USA Men's U-20 head coach Tab Ramos might call to his roster for the 2017 U-20 World Cup. That squad should be announced shortly, since the tournament kicks off on May 20.

12 hours ago

A stunning solo effort from Matthew Olosunde in the Dallas Cup! See our other Goal of the Month nominees: http://manutd.co/0G
    Olosunde v Real Salt Lake U19s
    Video by Manchester United

BostonRed repped this.
  3. Higher Learning

Jul 1, 2009
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #153 Higher Learning, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Alexisonfire, TxEx, WrmBrnr and 3 others repped this.
  4. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has he trained with the first team ?

5. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is how it begins, boys. I hope he makes me eat my skepticism.

7. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    What position is he? CB? Fullback? Winger? Midfielder?

8. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    I have always seen him at FB. Could probably fill in as a winger ably.

9. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    He's played RB, Winger and wide midfield for United's reserves thus far this season. He's a really good young player, and I think, is flying under the radar stateside. Tab won't even give him a look, smh.

Alexisonfire and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  10. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he makes the bench tomorrow, I don't see how he's left off.

Gacm32 repped this.
  11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    He was the best non-attacker on the last U-17 team (Weston really wasn't part of it). Lots of tools (pace, 1v1 on both sides of the ball) but it seemed questionable whether he could put it all together. He got benched this season after the coach made comments that guys on the team were getting big heads and not working hard enough with the knowledge that most guys would not make it.

12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Because Tab Ramos has already made his roster decisions and he's just managing injury adjustments. He hasn't been in any U20 camp all cycle and it seems he likes players like Herrera and Acosta over Olosunde.

Tom Collingsworth and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Olosunde made one or two early camps this cycle but hasn't been heard from in a long time. I think it's definitely fair to say that Tab rates Fossey and Herrera over Olosunde, for good or ill.

ChuckMe92 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  14. MaxKeeper

MaxKeeper New Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League-2.jpg Matthew's been busy...Did you see his two goals at Dallas Cup. He's on fire and my prediction last week will come true tomorrow...19 year old American, Matthew Olosunde, made the first team for Manchester United ! When he makes it to the pitch he will make history... The fifth American and the second from New Jersey to play for ManU. Watch for history or the beginning of a legend ! One Dallas Cup goal was nominated for Goal of the Month !
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-matthew-olosunde-manchester-united-10369932
    http://www.onceametro.com/2017/5/6/...vels-with-man-united-first-team-arsenal-usmnt
    Olosunde has started 14 games for the Under-23s this season, scoring one and creating four.
    Should Olosunde feature against Arsenal he will become just the fifth American to play for United after James Brown, Edward McIlvenney, Tim Howard and Jonathan Spector.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  15. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Even if its just making the traveling squad, hes one of four total from the reserves to do it, so positive signs heading into the off season. With Fossey injured he may have a busy summer.

16. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just a couple of weeks ago they said he was filler to round out the reserve squad.

17. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Ive been a big fan of his since his U17 days, but its kind of surprising that he got called up given his fairly sporadic season with the reserves. I couldnt figure out if ManU just didnt rate him, or they were just trying to bring him along slowly in his first year.

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Not in the 18, but great experience for him.

19. Beserkr29

Beserkr29 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. DanielS1085

DanielS1085 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 8, 2017
    Seeing many reports he was great going forward but struggled just a bit defensively.

21. Beserkr29

Beserkr29 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Winoman repped this.
  22. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    For what it is worth, it sounds like Matt travelled with the team to Tottenham today. He did not make the 18 however.

23. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    I hope he gets loan to Germany or Holland soon. Man U play an awful brand of soccer.

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts in PL2:

Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and Namdynamo repped this.
  25. Beserkr29

Beserkr29 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC