Matthew Dallman to DSC Bielefeld

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by swedespeed, Jun 7, 2008.

1. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After trialing and being offered a second team contract with Wolfsburg, Matthew Dallman has agreed to a 2 year deal with DSC Bielefeld.
    Dallman was offered an extention to his current contract with SC Wiedenbruck of the Oberliga Westfalen where he has spent most of this past season,but opted to move to Bundesliga Cub at the end of the Oberliga season.

2. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTFG Matt! Do we have a link Swedespeed?

3. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some press should be out next week..Both parties have agreed to general terms and Matt's agent is working out the details while Matthew is on holiday in the States.
    Intitial signing will take place via fax and formal contract signing will take place in early July when he returns to Bielefeld.However I have been told that he will be a DSC Bielefeld player next season.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. From a Bolton trial to half-season with FC Nordsjælland to the Oberliga and now to the Bundesliga its certainly been a journey the last 18 months for Mathew. I couldn't be happier for him if the Bielefeld signing is true. He has must have really impressed in the Oberliga or made a great impression on trial. Either way, good news to hear.

5. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He actually didn't trial with Bielefeld, he trialed with Wolfsburg and they offered a second team contract.
    The Bielefeld first team coach contacted him and asked him about his availablility for next season..Bielefeld II plays in the same Oberliga Westfalen as Wiedenbruck so they had seen him play several times over the past season.

6. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    what part of the mid does matt play?

7. IMGplaya

IMGplaya New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    In college he was primarily a right outside mid..Sometimes left.
    For Wiedenbruck he played right or left outside mid, some right and left or center back and even a few games up front.

His natural position is right outside mid though.

8. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wait is he not the player that got picked up by Chaleroi in the Belgian league or am I mistaken?:eek:

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greg Dalby. That's who you are thinking of.

10. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oh I see so who is this Matthew Dallman?

11. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Dallman

Here you go this should take care of that. A little side info his stint in Denamrk was extremely unkucky and out of control. FC Nordsjælland had trouble getting his visa aproved so he was only allowed to play in reserve matches and friendlies which according to reports showed extremely well. They wanted him but the league messed things up from what I gather. Also Matthew apparently played extremely well this season for Wiedenbrück which led to Bielefeld seeing him since their second team plays in the same division.

12. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    From Portland to FC Nordsjaelland to the Bundesliga - same route as Heath Pearce. It seems like a lot of recent Portland players have ended up in Germany.

13. Eckstoss

Eckstoss BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 31, 2007
    Happy to have a local boy head over to one of my local German clubs. A friend of mine over there mentioned that the local press had him going to Bielefeld II. Assuming that is the reserve squad.

14. phutballer

phutballer New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    He's been 30 miles away in Wiedenbruck for the past 8 months.

Little inside info....There "could" be some local press but a contract hasn't been signed yet..so doubtful.

Making a move from the Oberliga to the Budasliga, No one would be assured a first team starting spot.
    Some of the specifics are that he is training with the first team and he needs to earn a spot on the first team, incentives/increments are being built into the contract to reward first team starts and appearances.
    My guess is that he might not be thrown into the fire of Bundasliga play right away but eased in depending on his performance in training.
    From my conversations with Matt, his contract is not a Bielefeld II contract.

15. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Wait, so he has signed a Bielefeld II contract but will be watched by the first team? Doesn't seem like a bad gig if true. I'd find it hard to believe if it were a full BL contract if he was in the 4th league last year, so the first scenario sounds more likely.

16. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt will be training with the Bielefeld 1st team and will start out playing with the II team. This is what has been worked out with his agent and the team management.
    So technically I don't know yet whether it's a true 1st team contract..But I do know that Bielefeld have told him he will be training with the 1st squad and they will be looking for him to get 1st team minutes.

17. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Matt and Heath have been close friends since about the age of 10. They played youth soccer together in Oregon before Heath moved to CA.
    Their goal is to hopefully someday play on the same professional team together before they are through.

18. phutballer

phutballer New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Spoke with Matty, Looks like he is signing when he returns to Germany on or about July 2.

19. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallman played for a Select team in Oregon on June 17th against a Juventus Primavera side that included Giusseppe Giovinco, the younger brother of Sebastian Giovinco (who played for Italy in the Toulon Tournament). Matthew scored a penalty kick to help his Select team edge the Italian youth side 5-4 in penalty kicks.

20. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game...Pretty good one.

Juventus Primavera team ranged in age from 17-20,with two Italain U-21 national team players, the Oregon select team ranged from 19-23 with all D1 University players (Except 2 lower div players)and recent college grads.

It must be said that the Oregon team although older player for player had only trained together for about two weeks and not with a full squad.

Juventus played the Seattle Sounders (3-0 loss) The Portland Timbers (1-0 loss) and the Eugene Metro Futbol Club (Oregon select) 2-2 ( 5-4 PK) loss.

Tough road trip!

21. Gooch_Onyewu

Gooch_Onyewu Member

Jan 30, 2008
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be a dumb question but does he have a future with the national team?

22. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    He hasn't even signed a contract with the first team at Bielefeld as far as we know. Sounds like he's signed to their second team with the chance to prove himself.

How old is he now- 23 or 24? It's a long shot.

23. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Might be a long shot at the NT...But who knows guys older than 23 have gotten their first shot. All he can do is prove himself and hope.

He's signing when he returns to Germany..and although you never know what's going to be happening until the ink is on the paper..he's being told by coach and manager it's a 1st team contract.

He's now 23 so I "think" it has to be a first team contract. Don't quote me on that one though..I thought I remember hearing somewhere about Bundasliga reserve team signing players being U-23.

24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    As has been noted in the Summer Transfers thread, it looks like Dallman has yet to ink a deal with DSC as he was spotted (credit to Offebacher) on trial with Kickers Offenbach.

25. swedespeed

swedespeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Hood River
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good catch Offebacher and Dave..He did indeed return a few days earlier than expected to Germany and his agent had lined up a two day training/trial stint with the kickers.

Not sure what came of it..Know he did train and play in a friendly the day after flying 14 hours to Germany! I know the DSC contract along with two other teams offers are on the table for him.

I believe he and his agent are taking today and tomorrow to figure out which offer is best for his divelopment and future.

I'll let you know if I hear more.