Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    If Everton sales stones, maybe he'll go there

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmm. Now, that would be intriguing. Everton won't sell Stones until they get stupid money for him. Although, the reported £25M is already stupid money for a 21 yr. old CB. So I guess it would have to been crazy, stupid money! :) ;)

Gacm32 repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

nfiniti, Gacm32 and bballshawn repped this.
  5. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    leicester city is tops EPL i like that. if they keep vardy they may get a Continental spot. Liverpool is cool if he gets a loan back

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #131 ussoccer97531, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    I actually think he could get minutes right away if he goes to a club like Leicester City.

Leicester probably wants a CB to replace Huth because he's injury prone and in his 30's. He'd be much better as a #3 CB. Miazga could play well next to Morgan.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another way to say a team is "fast" and "technical" is to say that team is "damn good."

Gacm32 repped this.
  8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are two websites/twitters with similar names. One of them is about as accurate as a Donald Trump stump speech. Which one is this?

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    There is already a third centre back at the club in Yohan Benalouane who was signed in the summer, for a large amount of money- Also not sure why Huth would be replaced as he was just signed permanently in the summer.

Huth has not missed a league game this season. Can't recall if he missed any last season after joining. maybe one.

Re Miazga Would be a good signing but I think Ranieri said he wouldn't be buying in January.

Gacm32 repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Benaloune has barely played. I don't know if thats because he's not that good or because its hard to displace Huth and Morgan, but Huth wasn't wanted anymore at Stoke, so its hardly like he's a terrific option that a good young player couldn't displace.

Huth is also very injury prone. I believe he had knee surgery in 2014, and I also believe he got injured towards the end of last season as well. During his career, he's had a number of injuries, and he's now 31 years old. I don't think thats the type of player you bank on giving you another five years as a 40 game starter per season.

11. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    huth is also massively intimidating

12. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Benaloune has hardly played because Ranieri prefers Huth and Morgan at the moment. That will probably change as we head into the Christmas games.

Huth wanted to leave Stoke for first team games. Found it hard to displace the incumbent centre backs - Kind of how Benaloune is now.

Well that's a bit different from displacing him this season isn't it? He signed a 3 year contract and that's probably as long as he will last. Huth started every league game last season once he was eligible to play.

However, Miazga is not going to come in a displace him this season. Miazga is a good player but thinking he is going to come in, after a MLS season, U/20 World Cup etc and then displace a proven Premier League player is asking a bit much. He needs a break at some point as well.

Miazga would be a good long term option but short term (Second half of this season) I can't see it. The defence needs to get a bit younger though, the average age is a bit high for my liking.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If Miazga is going to get the Yedlin treatment of not getting a chance unless he goes out on loan to a much worse team and does well, why even go to Europe?

One of the best MLS CB's should be able to start or get significant minutes in the Premier League right away, especially for a side like Leicester who's talent level is rather average for the league, despite the very good start.

14. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
  15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was he out of contract before?

These contracts the Red Bulls sign just confuse me. Like how was Amando Moreno on a one year deal? Just sign the kid to a multiyear deal, they can't be that good at negotiation.

16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, that contract extension means really little.

17. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #142 ArsenalMetro, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    He had a team option for 2016, then he would have been out of contract. Makes sense, given MLS youth contracts generally. Next season is his fourth pro season.

If I had to guess, this extension means they'll sell him in January 2017.

No idea what they were doing with Moreno for what it's worth.

18. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Couldn't this just mean they want a transfer fee?

Fanatical Monk and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  19. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They could have sold him tomorrow and gotten a transfer fee, because he was still under contract for 2016.

20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a RBNY perspective, I'd like them to keep Miazga one more season. I would like them to make one more run at MLS Cup with this core, and they have a much higher chance with Miazga than whatever Miazga replacement they ca get in the offseason.

21. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Selfish.

We need some Yanks Abroad action going on around here.

Most of us have had to see some of our favorite players go (Stu Holden, Rico Clark and Geoff Cameron) and I gave them to the forum for everyone's enjoyment.... it's your turn to give us Matt Miazga.

22. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Next year. ;)

But seriously, I don't think he's ready to make the step up yet. Needs to work on his aggression and his decision-making first.

nfiniti repped this.
  23. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I mean, based on the new contract, it looks obvious that they will keep him for another season (barring a really nice offer) so I think you're fine.

but God, does this forum need some new yanks abroad playing at a high level. We need some of the kids to break into the 1st teams and have some guys have some ambition to make it to Europe... hopefully Dillon Powers and Zardes do that this transfer period.

Tactical Hipster repped this.
  24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but what is a high level? What if he goes to a Tottenham-esque team and gets loaned out to a Sunderland-esque team? Would that sate you?

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  25. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yea, shoot, any top league that I can watch on TV.. kruck isn't picky...