Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    if you're talking sin: death. As far as salary - I wish players would just let us know. Too much guessing.

2. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    Wait I thought Chelsea was over in Japan today. Do they have another group of players in France for preseason too?

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Please don't say France!

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yes. It's "academy and loan army" players.

"Le premier entraînement public des joueurs du Chelsea FC ( lowner departement et Academy) avait lieu ce mardi matin sur le stade de Paron-Sud, à Fougères.

Une vingtaine de personnes ont assisté à l’entraînement des joueurs du Chelsea FC, ce mardi matin au stade de Paron-Sud.

Une dizaine de joueurs du département « prêts et de l’Academy du club anglais ont effectué une confrontation 5 contre 5 assez sur un demi-terrain."

Basically: 1st public training of Chelsea players ("lowner" (ha) department and academy) tues morn @ Paron-Sud in Fougeres etc etc...

ChicagoVT and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well he's not THAT far away from the EPL...he played great in the Championship last season.....

if he has another good loan there this year......likely a prem team buys him like what happened with Yedlin

6. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    #6281 kruck, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Pulisic is getting credit for getting back to CFC very quickly after the GC... credit to MM seems like he is doing the same thing albeit with less fanfare.

7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Lowner? Gagny with a spoon.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Nothing better than stealing English words and then rendering them phonetically! It's like I'm back in St. Donat all over again... "On va faire du fishing..."

TimB4Last repped this.
  9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yep. Makes a bit more sense he headed through Reading too... wonder what's in the cards for young Matt. I think another year at Reading on Loan makes sense. Maybe they get lucky, promote and try buy him or at least it give hims EPL options.

10. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Seems like a stretch based off the strength of the squad.

It would be interesting to see what his options are but I suppose we will find out in a couple of weeks.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, but it would also be the most "direct" way via a team that really likes him. That said, a loan to a more serious promotion contender is not a bad idea either. Personally, I think another Ered loan would be best for his overall game - if to the right club. But Champs might be best for his career long term.

12. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    Uh, ok....

13. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    a loan to Brescia would be cool to follow .... Shades of Danny Szetela.

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I would like to see a US defender in Italy.

Winoman and onefineesq repped this.
  15. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh yeah id love that to happen, thats a move i really hope happens.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading to Florence, man.

17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    A Career Renaissance - Matt Miazga Makes Florence Relevant Once More!

18. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Championship is more his level.

19. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Miazga doesn't have to deal with Serie A's non-EU import restrictions either, so that would be good.

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    That's the real art of the deal...

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

22. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    "American billionaire owner Rocco Commisso is trying to grow their market in the United States". To me, this sounds like he will be riding the bench (or worse) if he is signed. Imagine you being the manager of Florentino. How would you react?

soccerusa517 and adam tash repped this.
  23. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Why would Zidane care what's happened at Fiorentina?

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    When did Benfica hire Zidane?

25. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. ESPN's deal with Serie A makes little sense if there are ZERO American players in Italy. Bundesliga and Serie A are comparable leagues that have diametrically opposite takes on the worth of American players - and it is not hurting the Bundesliga in the slightest to have American players there...in fact it is benefiting them graetly as they are likely to reap more than 100m in transfer fees from Americans in recent and upcoming seasons....Italy would be wise to at least consider a few Americans here and there.....even if only to help them in terms of American interest in their league.

2. If the manager of Fiorentina has zero interest in actually playing Miazga it would be a horrible move for him.

3. I think Miazga could do fine in Italy - I dont think people would be doubting so hard if he was linked to a German team and I don't think Italy is on another level than Germany - especially if he has the right team, manager etc....and to me this sounds like the owner wants an American player who will actually play....gotta take it with a grain of salt because it is a little weird but I don't have the feeling they would want to spend even 7-8m on a player they plan to keep on the bench.