Matko Miljevic at Argentinos Juniors

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ChuckMe92, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Alright folks... San Lorenzo 3- Argentinos Juniors 0. All three goals in the 1st half. I've been saying that the team doesn't play well. Fortunately they have one of the best goalkeepers of the tournament, it could've been even worse.

Miljevic didn't play. The team repeated the same horrible game as the last one, but this time luck wasn't on their side.

If River Plate and Boca Juniors tie, Argentinos, Boca, Lanús and River will be all tied for first place with 9 games left.

Next game: Monday, November 25th (league play stops for Argentina's National Team games) at home against Newell's at 4:10PM PST

2. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    On Sunday I was thinking that River Plate would win against Rosario Central, a team playing not to be relegated but that luck hadn't been on their side. River Plate lost at home 1-0. Vélez- Boca tied 0-0, so now Argentinos Juniors, Boca and Lanús are tied in first place.

Two games from now is Boca- Argentinos Juniors. As a side note, my brother and my entire family on my dad's side are fans of Boca, so I am always the lone ranger fighting against everybody LOL

Tom Collingsworth, wixson7 and Winoman repped this.
  3. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Last Monday Argentinos Juniors beat Newell's Old Boys 1-0, now in 1st place with Boca.

TOMORROW, 2:40PM PST: BOCA- ARGENTINOS JUNIORS. Both teams tied for 1st place. I've been on full jinx mode all week... if a team wins, it's a 3 point lead with only 8 games to go. Tomorrow at the game will be Juan Román Riquelme, who started his career with Argentinos and now is wanting to become Boca Junior's soccer manager, with the teams elections on December 8.

Below is the list of 18 players and Miljevic again is not with the team. Unfortunately the teams news is very limited, everything is Boca Juniors, River Plate, the other 3 big teams and Messi.

[​IMG]

4. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Boca 1- Argentinos Juniors 1, both stayed tied for 1st. Boca was winning 1-0 without doing much and they missed the chance to make it 2-0. The goal that Argentinos scored is a reflection of the soccer taste that us, the fans, have. Boca finished with 10 players.

The media, the fans, everybody was only talking about Boca wins and they'll end the year in 1st place, all week it was only that and no mention about who they were playing. A bit of humble pie for everybody!

Next game: Argentinos Juniors plays at home against Estudiantes de La Plata, Monday, December 9 at 4:10PM PST. Last game of the year and then the season continues January 26th.

5. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  6. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Argentinos finished the year in 1st place! Last night they tied 1-1 at home with Estudiantes, with luck on their side with the opponents hitting three shots on the post and the goalkeeper making great saves (as a fan we wonder how much longer he'll be with the team, he's in the Top 5 of Argentina's League and only 23 years- old). Also the referee missed a clear penalty for Estudiantes, but having been a referee myself I know how difficult it is to see "clear penalties with TV replays with 15 different angles".

The season will now continue January 26. Seven games left to determine who wins the championship and we have to wait so damn long...

Next game is Unión on the road.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Scandal with Argentinos Juniors not declaring the correct amounts for transfers:

https://www.tycsports.com/superliga...regularidades-en-transferencias-20191204.html

The headquarters of Argentinos Juniors was raided today [Wednesday December 4th] in search of documents that could allow to determine whether there were irregularities with players' transfers.

The criminal and correctional judge Martin Yadarola ordered today to proceed with the measure after having evidence of "tax fraud incurred by the club directive," according to the warrant. The directors under investigation are the president of the club, Cristian Malaspina, and his secretary, Alejandro Roncoroni.

The procedure started with the complaint by a member of the club about "irregularities" in the cession of financial rights of at least one footballer. The gimmick consists in not declaring the sale by percent of the rights over youth player. According to what has been disclosed by judicial spokespersons, the bone of contention is the transfer of the US youth Matko Miljevic (20 years old), who already debuted in the Primera División and has played in five games.

Also, according to the same sources, there were problems regarding the transfers of Alexis Mac Allister (bought by Brighton in England, and loaned in the summer to Boca Juniors) and Nicolas Gonzalez, sold to the Stuttgart in Germany, in the summer of last year.

8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

This is a pretty big deal right?

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    But what transfer are they referring to as regards Miljevic? Didn't he come up through their youth system?

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It could be, if they find evidence.

That's exactly the question. From what I gather, Argentinos Juniors is in trouble over the selling of partial rights to youth players, so it seems they had sold a percent of Matko to someone, and failed to tell the authorities about the deal.

At this point, it's getting ridiculous.

11. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Miljevic was playing first for Boca at a very young age and then transferred to Argentinos Juniors. It's all political because recently the President of the team got re-elected and, for the first time in the team's history, all parties running for President got unified. These accusations were made by somebody who was left out and probably pissed off over something that doesn't make any sense.

The team is at the best I've ever seen financially and still growing. They're building a new complex with rooms and training grounds which, from what I understood, will be used by National Teams who will participate in Copa América 2020.

By the way, Argentinos Juniors will also play next year the Copa Sudamericana and start off against Sport Huancayo from Peru. The first leg is at home and the opponents play in altitude, so it won't be easy, although Argentinos is the favorite to get through to the next round.

12. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Also, let me tell you guys this: historically Argentinos Juniors has always had mysterious situations of money becoming invisible. When they sold Maradona for 8 Million dollars in 1981, Maradona said "all they did was build tennis courts". On Saturday there was a special event at the stadium and Maradona showed up and he said "with all the players that were sold from here, we should have Camp Nou and not this little stadium".

Esteban Cambiasso and his brother leaving to Real Madrid at 15 years-old is what changed soccer youth transfers forever, because after that is when they started adding the 10% developement fee on future transfers. Cambiasso started his career at Argentinos Juniors.

The most painful one is Fernando Redondo: an administrative mistake left the entire team as free agents, but all the players understood and resigned, but him and another player by the last name Rudman decided to leave without leaving a penny to the team.

13. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    As a fan we're still waiting to see what happened to the money of the package of when they gave away Riquelme and a bunch of players for a hotdog and a beer.

14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thing is Matko Miljevic has not been with the squad since this scandal erupted [Nov. 26th, the raid occurred a few days after].

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  15. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    The last few games he hasn't been playing, I believe being sent with the Reserves. The family said that there was nothing odd when he switched from Boca to Argentinos.

16. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely he's not made his final decision between US and Argentina, but this is encouraging. A boost to an already-good U20 attacking group.

17. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  19. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    That's what I was thinking. Finally, confirmation that all my posting in BS Yanks Abroad is making a difference in the world!

Gorky, Thundering165, Chaliaaaj and 6 others repped this.
  20. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  21. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used a translator. It's still not great.

Scotty repped this.
  22. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: I was thinking the same: "his family actually reads all our posts?"

UniversalAdvice and Winoman repped this.
  23. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    Hola Familia Miljevic :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arch Bell interview:

"A United States-Mexico match is like a Boca-River. I tried to instill the teammates who had to win yes or yes. Friendly nothing. On the court I think we did well," said Miljevic.

"I loved going to the United States. The family was with me and I was able to know the place where I was born, to go to the hospital in Miami where I was born and the house where we lived those first months. It was a dream come true, a great joy. USA is a country that opens the doors to everyone and I'm happy to meet you, " Miljevic concluded.

25. Chaliaaaj

Chaliaaaj Member

Argentinos Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2018
    I had a very crazy week and I was very upset last Friday: Argentinos Juniors lost 1-0 and now 3 points behind River Plate. Aside from not playing well, the referee was really bad and Argentinos Juniors lost three starters for tomorrow's game against Racing Club.

UniversalAdvice repped this.