Matchday Thread | GROUP F

Discussion in 'Group F: Argentina, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria' started by JohnnyFutbol, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who Will Advance.

1. Argentina

85.1%
  2. Bosnia and Herzegovina

55.3%
  3. Iran

20.2%
  4. Nigeria

29.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sunset

Sunset Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Bros, I really don't understand your question...

2. Sunset

Sunset Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    You clearly don't know how our players of the past have been repaid for their "so-called" national pride, or how corrupt our Football Federation are, so I really can't be bothered....

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    its easy to justify it by throwing the word "corrupt" in there but ghanaian and nigerian players have insulted their countries by doing this. a lot of your players play in europe and get paid millions there. so what reason do they have to do this.

4. Sunset

Sunset Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Indeed, because a federation that doesn't pay their National team coach for over a year is not corrupt right?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28065553

5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you think IFF is not? yet you dont see our players do this. your players have acted greedy and put their extra millions over hundreds of millions of nigerians.

6. Sunset

Sunset Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Acting greedy by fighting for what they deserve?

zahzah repped this.
  7. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I think he means: Could Nigeria be playing better? Could Nigeria have had a stronger squad? I would have to say yes on the second question. I'm truely worried about the lack of depth in this squad and the fact that proven talent like Lukman Haruna, Obafemi Martins or Taye Taiwo have been cut. Keshi obviously chooses players based on certain roles he wants to fill, not based on how well a player performs.

And once again his odd selection choices proved to pay dividend. Who, apart from Keshi, would have thought that Michael Babatunde would be Nigeria's breakout star of the group phase?

As for Ameobi if you look at Keshi's tactics everything makes sense: Shola Ameobi is here to hold up the ball, waste time and disrupt opposing defences, not to score goals. He still should not be at the World Cup, but well... he's doing his job.

I must also say that he played some beautiful tactical football against Bosnia, which took me by surprise.

Keshi, for all his faults, has earned bragging rights - an African Cup of Nations title and a World Cup 1/8 final. Whats more - according to Whoscored Nigeria has the 5th highest average marks of all 32 squads. Surprising but true. If he makes it a step further, he will silence all his critics. Including me.

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    This really shouldn't happen in the first place. Good thing FIFA has decided to step in.

9. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
  10. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006

What do u mean breakout star ? Do u mean somebody who was unknown that surprised, because he is virtually the only unknown player in the team that has any significant minutes. He is definately not a "star". He has been average at best.mthe following players have all been better than Babatunde

Enyeama
    Omeruo
    Ambrose
    Oshinawa
    Onazi
    Musa
    Emenike
    Odemwingie
    Mikel

So basically Babatunde has only been better than Yobo of all the starters, and. I would even possibly argue that Yobo has been better.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the group matches are over, and so is this thread.