matchday schedule/fixture question

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by big spaniel, Sep 28, 2015.

1. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    I'm planning a long trip around England next spring, and I'm reserving the weekends to see football. I'm trying to map out my trip. Looking at all the schedules on-line, it seems that all the weekend matches are on Saturdays only. But I know that there are games other days, aren't they? I know that there are Premier League matches on Sundays, too. So how do you know what matches are when? How far in advance are they announced? I'm not only interested in the Premier League; I'd love to see matches in other divisions as well.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Premier League will play games on other days, but lower levels may play 0 or 1 game a week not on Saturday. I don't know how far in advance they announce what games will be on Sundays and Mondays. One factor is that clubs will not play on Saturday if they played in the Europa League two days before that, and what clubs reach the Europa League Knockout Rounds won't be known until November and December. If you're in England and want to see a game at 3:00 P.M. local (10:00 A.M. in Virginia where you are) you will have plenty of choices.