Matchday 7 | Sat. April 27 | Phoenix Rising FC

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Apr 26, 2019.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2019-4-26_14-57-4.png

upload_2019-4-26_14-56-45.png

Robdog and fortunesfool223 repped this.
  2. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scoreless first half, but i think SRFC has had better chances. Damn, Phoenix is a BIG team.

3. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst ref we have seen this season. Professional league with clown-car referees.

4. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, an entertaining first half where we put a lot of pressure on goal, but no real SOG's, either. Typical. I do like the fight of our midfield, it's like having a couple of Mirkovic's out there.

Interesting that we didn't start Cam, and that his entrance didn't really change much about the run of play. Disappointing that Phoenix closed the game on the front foot and that we were the team kind of hanging on at the end.

5. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    A complete dud of a game.

For some reason, SRFC insists on playing outisde-in, and that's fine...except when you are hoofing in speculative high cross after speculative high cross into a tall defense when you have all of six guys on your roster over 6 feet tall with only two of them playing up, and one of them (Blackwood) doing most of the hoofing.

Sooner or later Simon will figure it out, right?

Good news is, our D shape and strength (not to mention footy IQ) is the best I personally have seen, so there is that.

6. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I was sad to see Matjasic not come back. I thought his midfield attacks from the inside were a good complement to the outside-in game. On the other hand, Phoenix is a strong, physical team that is noted for shutting down the center.

No shame in a draw, but it was disappointing because I think we had some decent chances in the first half to change the game.

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    is it just me in believing Elliot's formation change still hasn't fit with the players? I like Stefano Bonomo but he is not a finisher like Cam Iwasa. There was an excellent opportunity in the first half on a free header & he missed. Also what is up with Bijev? Was he hurt? Also I believe Sac Town should entertain the thought using a 3 back system & utilize both Shannon Gomez & Jordan McCrary as wingbacks. McCrary is starting to fit into the team & I like what I am seeing from this guy.

8. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hamstring again.

Robdog repped this.
  9. mangerson