Matchday 7: I only wanted to see you laughing there...

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...in the purple rain

RBNY v. ORL, go.

2. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Very sad, he was a talented guy.

And I was also hoping he'd open the new stadium next year.

3. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This time, PRO acknowledged their inevitable f#ck-up before the final whistle. Maybe they should start apologizing in advance.

4. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Unbelievable. Hard to say that was the difference in the game. Hard to say it wasn't.

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PRO is actively determining the course of MLS matches. And it's not just ours. This is a league-wide problem, and the outcry in the media is becoming deafening.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is intentional to get instant replay here.

6. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised that the press cares enough about domestic soccer to cry out. Or do they just smell a clickbaity story?

7. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I don't know what is going on. But I do know that Lalas was more annoying talking on and on about Orlando complaining than Orlando has been for complaining.

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They smell instant replay, with I suspect would be a font for click bait.

I haven't been paying attention to Alexi Lalas, since usually the away watch parties mute halftime. But the way people are describing him, he's sounding like some sort of conspiracy theorist.

You saw the PBP thread this past week. Someone thought he took both sides on the referee debacle.

9. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I thought Lalas made a fair point that you can complain about a referee decision, but that you can't blame a loss on the referee. Especially in this case, when there was so much of the game left and you aren't playing well anyway.

That was ok except for a couple of things. First, Orlando had not yet complained that it cost them the game because the game was still going on. So he was complaining ahead of time that Orlando would complain. That doesn't make any sense.

But thenLalas was complaining about making it a big deal and going on and on about it. And then Lalas kept making a big deal about it and going on and on. It was really stupid and annoying. I would have rather him analyze the play on the field, of which he did none. He could have talked about formation, or who was out of position, or any number of soccer related items. Instead he just kept talking about Orlando blaming it on the ref, which they had not even done yet and may not.

I'm trying to not post in the PBP thread. I get annoyed when the people that complain about people from Orlando posting negative things keep posting negative things about Orlando. Hypocrites abound, on TV and on BigSoccer. So I'm trying to lay low for a while. :)

10. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't he also say we should excuse hideously poor officiating because it reflects the diversity of the country?

11. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Yes. I particularly like that quote. Right after he said we should not bring in retired referees from overseas because they would be too diverse so it would be a bad idea. Think about that for a while.

12. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's the one someone was referring to in the PBP thread when they said he "took both side".

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well what PRO said about offside doesn't matter, because that part can't be reviewed.

Acknowledging that, besides the offside call, the tackle warranted a straight red, Ouimette must be sanctioned by DisCo.

15. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably won't be since doing so will not damage us.

16. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Yes. I actually wonder if that should have been a straight red even without DOGSO. Scissor tackle from behind, studs up. That meets all the criteria I know about as of this moment. Someone will likely throw in some other wrinkle to the very clear red card rule that I don't know about...

17. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Brek sent off last year in the Quakes match for a similar scissor tackle?

18. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I think so. I know earlier this year there was a scissor tackle that was so executed so poorly the defender barely touched the opposing player, and he still got a red card. And that was from the front, not from the back. And his studs were barely above ground level. So I really don't see how this isn't a red by MLS standards.