PBP: Matchday 7: ATL vs Colorado

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Apr 26, 2019.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Well next week we play Sporting KC. They can obviously score goals and they can also concede them. How do you line them up and what tactics would you employ?

2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took my dad to the game. He spent most of the game yelling at the forwards to make any kind of attacking run whatsoever. They spent most of the game ignoring him. When Gressel finally scored, he said, "The only guy on the whole field trying to score finally did it!" I think he was right. Gressel was the only one who looked aggressive all game except Villalba at the end.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tell you Pity has been the biggest bust so far this year in MLS... and honestly, might be the biggest bust in league history.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    A bit early to judge. I mean you don't get to be named South American player of year because you suck. He had some nice crosses that Josef was just inches away from getting on the end of, and FdB has said he is still isn't 100% fit. I am still optimistic.

I am more concerned about his mentality. That tantrum when he was pulled was childish and I've never seen a player not greet his sub when coming off the pitch.

5. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nagbe earns team of the week honors, a well deserved honor.

6. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Barco took awhile to round into form, too. But he's been productive recently.

7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gress had that "If you want something done right..." look on his face following the goal.