Matchday 6 - Stoke City FC vs. Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Sep 21, 2017.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idk if he's going to straight up bench him for good. I think a lot of it had to do with squad rotation because of fixture congestion. However, this is likely Cahills last season as a starter. Conte isn't blind and it's clear that both Rudy and Andreas are better options.

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've seen both make mistakes. They're just ignored by the fans.

Having said that I suspect you might be right in saying this might be the end of the period where he starts every game. His confidence seems to have gone and he's leaping into things. NOT a good sign for a CB :(

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The TV telecast of the matches this season are so terribly planned. All big teams play on Saturday and we have nothing to look for on Sunday. Don't know who was the genius who came up with this.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course they've made mistakes every player does but Cahills have been far worse and damning. He just isn't as good of a fit in a 3 backline as the other options.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'm guessing today is related to the London NFL game.

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Happened a few weeks back as well. You might be right about today though.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's not as good a fit in a back 3, that's for sure but I think there's more to it than that. He looks as nervous as a kitten and liable to launch himself into things in a way he never used to.

We'll see I suppose.

I trust Conte to sort it out. He's seeing these guys every day :)

8. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Was thinking the same thing. Seems a bit more out of shape than what happens on the usual summer break, but it makes sense given how long he was probably doing little physical activity and the nature of his injury. Started to do typical Hazard things near the end of the match so I'm sure he just needs more game time. Think that's a big reason why he hasn't been featuring as much as some would think at this point

9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I doubt this has anything to do with it.

10. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The press are funny here, there is a piece in that Man U fanzine the Daily Fail claiming that Morata is still not going to be up to scratch, they are desperate for him to fail! Their headlines Sunday are laughable, pretty much amounting to - Utd thrash Southampton 0-1 and Chelsea were lucky to scrape a narrow 0-4 victory lol

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It wasn't just me then...

When you say 'here' I assume you mean the states but, yeah, they're pencilling in one of the manc clubs as title winners over here as well. There's a LONG way to go yet.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He means your side of the pond.

13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No sorry I am this side of the water, I know I should sort out my profile, I keep meaning too but can't be ar***d to be honest :)