Matchday 4, Leicester City vs. Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Sep 7, 2017.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Absolutely agree with you on all of that.

My only point is that there are nasty fans all over the country - but the media does love an anti Chelsea story. Do not wan't us to feel sorry for ourselves - we are not Millwall -I have spent a lot of time back in blighty lately and the media really doesn't like us. Maybe it is Roman's silence that they object to? But it is self-evident.

Anywho - back to the football. . .

2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kante is a ninja. He is not like other players. The more I watch him, the more impressed I am.

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Think Baka is going to be a good one for us.

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    what's crazy is baka is this good while still looking incredibly raw. if he can get some polish on his game he can be a monster.

it makes me worried about Palace and RLC. he's been incredibly impressive for them but they can't win a game right now. and i want him to be a starter through the season, because him and Bakayoko could be massive in the future. but i can't see palace not making massive changes soon, and i'm hoping they don't come at the expense of RLC minutes.

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For me I see him being cut out especially if Hodgson is the replacement.

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not worried about RLC. Sell him and move on. He has a very low workrate for a youngster. I know we want youth to come through the ranks, but he's not as good as people think.

Dtrip77 repped this.
  8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't agree at all. He gets an unusual amount of stick from fans. I watched his two CP matches and he was far and away their best player. His work rate was all over the place in those matches. He tracked back. Collected the ball deep. Went on mazy runs. Beat defenders at the touch line. His passes would have 1000 gifs if Pogba did them. He made Jordan Henderson look like a mug when he out muscled him and it required Henderson to hack him down.

We can agree to disagree. I think peoples opinions on him are lazy.

Rman3349 repped this.
  9. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i think that's an opinion that doesn't reflect how he's looked this year so far. he's shown this year why he was so highly regarded by the youth coaches and club. he's been incredibly impressive so far, and in a team that has been very poor. i've watched a couple of CP games specifically to watch him and he's been a monster. that's why i'm so worried about the situation there. there's a good chance whoever comes in won't put the trust in him and instead go for what they view is experience to right the ship. when i think he will repay the faith of any manager that trusts him.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's a player that needs minutes, same as many. He's not had then here and I'm hopeful he'll improve under the right system. As he's English perhaps this will work for him but will need to train hard to be in hodgsons line of sight.