Matchday 34: TOR v ATL

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Oct 27, 2018.

1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt.

Yeah, I still haven't read any clarification regarding that call. If it was Gressel who was flagged --- just blatantly wrong. Even on replays, it was difficult to tell if Martinez was off for that initial entry pass. But as you said, if that is who was flagged, they sure waited a bizarrely long time to do so.

You know the old bromide, goals change games. But here....I doubt it.

My buddy, Josh, who does Mouths of South podcast noted that Toronto really pressed high from the start, which was a tactic we may not have been expecting as they hadn't played that way previously. I honestly can't recall how Toronto set up the last time we played them. Regardless, yeah, we couldn't hold the ball, and the defending overall was something that I see in my 7v7 league. Just awful.

Too early, too young, and too much talent to write him off completely, but agreed, he hasn't lived up to even half his billing this season. I never watched enough of Independiente to intelligently opine on how they got the best out of him. But it's obviously not happening with us thus far.

Absolutely. He and Nagbe, IMO, were the only two players for us who can hold their heads up after that match.

2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    AJC had an article today affirming the PRO response that the offside call was against Josef and not Julian. Not pleased with the flag going up so late but c'est la vie.

3. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly think Carleton is the better option over Barco. Carleton makes the team better, we look more dangerous with him on the pitch. Barco is very good 1v1, but that's about it.