PBP: Matchday 30: FCC vs ATL

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Sep 17, 2019.

1. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one never felt like it was in doubt, even when it was nil-nil at halftime. Cincinnati had some chances, but none of them were clear shoulda-scored moments. Glad Villalba got a good run out. He looked effective in his time on the pitch. I actually thought Pity looked pretty good, so I'm hoping the sub was either planned pre-game as a squad rotation thing or was a reward for good practice for a guy who just didn't fit into the starting roster strategy for the game.

Josef with #15 in a row. Wow. If he evaporated tomorrow, we must count ourselves blessed to have witnessed him.

2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've been laughing at this for 10 minutes! Couldn't have him bought by a European club, instead the poor guy evaporates?! Yes, I'd miss him but far and away my biggest thought would be "WTF?! Dude just evaporated!"

SabreKhan, Mabee and Auriaprottu repped this.
  3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. I liken it to when I had Braves season tickets in the 90s and Maddux was on the mound. It was like you were getting to watch Picasso paint. You knew you were in the presence of ridiculous talent. Josef is similarly amazing.

4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if he gets bought, then we got something in return and we can cuddle our stacks of dollar bills to comfort ourselves.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    BTW, I'll put the new match day thread up once I get done with my run. I haven't forgotten.