Matchday 3: USA vs Mexico; 10:30pm ET 3/26

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MI-Soccerfan

MI-Soccerfan Member+

Jan 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spector
    Parkhurst
    Castillo

2. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    howard, Chandler, FJohnson, Cherundolo, Jones, Donovan, Spector, Williams, Castillo, Parkhurst

3. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh jeez, another G-boot rule?:

1) Open hand contact is always a foul.
    2) Contact away from the ball is the same as when you have the ball.
    3) Hard contact is the same as soft contact and incidental contact.

And yet you like physical play?! Something doesn't add up...

Oh, I know now! A Man-U fan! You love Chicharito! Finally, your bias makes sense. Not a shred of doubt in overruling the ref? Take off the red glasses, man.

4. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Complete BS. Per the LOTG most offenses (including pushing) are only a foul if it is "in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force".

Three and only three offenses are always a direct kick foul. Those are holding, spitting and handling. Your comparison is wrong, wrong, wrong.

5. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was arguing for an alternate reality where we need 15 refs, I would have said that precise thing. I did not. But you have changed the focal point of the argument. I'd say you are okay with more pushing and grabbing, just an impresssion. That push did change the outcome of the play, the lead player was no longer available for a pass and a shot was taken instead. Yeah, being unsportsmantlike with a physical act during the run of a play, that is a foul. Following the rules of the game is not anal rententive. Without the rules, there is no game. So loosen up yourself.

6. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are critical of the falling reaction and not the actual push. No acting in the world can make another player push you. I'm not falling for shit. I'm actually being pretty fair here. I wont be admitting that to you, Mr. Thread Dictator Enforcer.

7. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People fall in this sport to draw attention to everything. I'm just justifying that. People get hit in the face and fall to the ground when they could have just stood there holding their head. Doesn't mean you can hit someone in the face or Zidane head butt someone, despite Matterazzi's overly dramatic fall, like he took a shotgun to the chest. Off the ball.

Yeah, I like physical play, like legal slide tackles which carry you through the body after you get the ball first, not the stiff arms of American football. It adds up.

Man United has nothing to do with it other than for me to better know how intelligent CH14 is, that he baited Bradley, and Bradley took the bait. I actually looked at Hernandez at the start of the game and said to myself, "Not today, buddy." I'm not bias, so stop assuming man. The Edu penalty was worse, so I don't need Man United glasses for anything. The Bradley penalty just happened first.

8. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reckless.

If you go shoulder to shoulder with someone it's a shoulder charge, jockeying for the ball and is acceptable. However, if you directly push on that same shoulder with your hand, that is a foul.

9. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I think it was a breakout on our left side that started at the halfway line. Mike was the closest guy to Chicharito when the jailbreak started and Besler didn't show the closing speed to take over for Mike.

10. cwilke1

cwilke1 Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Glen Cove
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [quote="G-boot, post: 27505533, member: 51452"} That push did change the outcome of the play, the lead player was no longer available for a pass and a shot was taken instead. [/quote]

When I said the outcome of the play, I meant the outcome of what happened to the ball on the field. whoever had the ball shot the ball without taking into consideration that Chicharito went down. The shot was almost simultaneous with the dive.

11. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Again, the distinction that a push is equivalent to handling and that force does not matter is no longer true. The Mexican commentators did not really think it was a foul after review.

12. ldcda

ldcda Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Berks repped this.
  13. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, Man United

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...yeah, Inspector Gadget.

16. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going with key players. I did missed Williams and Castillo, not sure Spector or Parkhurst are known as key players that we rely much on.

17. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That clown has never been anything but a B option except when injuries got him in a line up

soccersubjectively repped this.
  18. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Yeah but he had voodoo dolls in spades

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His mom kept giving players the clap

20. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexicants staying classy as usual.

21. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Take that Bornstein!!
    [​IMG]

soccersubjectively repped this.
  22. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    With the other injuries they had been called in. They're part of the depth that's needed from time to time.