PBP: Matchday 29, Fulham v. Chelsea / March 3, 2019

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Forst and foremost we won. We're two back of Yanited with a match in hand. Win the next on and move on.

2. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yerrrrr.

Good win. Only caught the second half but good to see us struggle to a win against motivated opposition. Far less pointless passing about these last two games. Much more direct stuff which I’m happy to see. Emerson and Christiensen are breaths of fresh air.

Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know defensively we weren't great in the first half but we had really quite a few great chances in the first. Higuain with 4 of them. That is what I want to see. It was lethal, just weren't lethal with our finishing.

Christensen was really good as I said earlier, he was all over the place making runs back getting interceptions and was good in the air too.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    AC without the bloopers is a really solid defender. Emerson looks like a solid buy and takes away some of the liability we've see there all season.

More rlc please. He looks so assured on the ball and his ability to keep it close to feet with no space is highly impressive.

limpidrock and Blueallthru repped this.
  5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He is so much more than a big body. His touch is superb and his dribbling is actually great for someone with his physical ability.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Big man with silky movement. He could've easily had a goal today.

Blueallthru repped this.
  7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Said the same. He had a super small window to pull the trigger. He gets a smidge more confident in that final third and he could explode.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Our run in of games through March. All winnable. Maximum points must be gotten since our run in at the end of the season is rough.

3/7 - Kiev (home)
    3/10 - Wolves (home)
    3/14 - Kiev (away)
    3/17 - Everton (away)
    3/31 - Cardiff (away)

9 points total available in the league and a trip to the next round on the line. That's an intense 4 weeks.

Blueallthru repped this.
  9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We need to redeem ourselves against Wolves. Everton are absolutely attainable and won't be playing for much here.

10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He spent a little too much time trying to juke defenders. Once he gets some experience, yikes.

I hope he becomes something, because we've poured a lot into this academy.

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    honestly at this point RLC just needs a good run of health. his back is pretty much the only thing that has kept him from turning the corner. Sarri has been shockingly ready to use him when he's fit. i also think that kovacic for jorginho was a promising sub. opens up more time for RLC against barkley.

12. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Yeah, I think that ship has sailed. They’re claiming the Kepa incident galvanized the locker room, Sarri nutted up and benched him v. Spurs, they’ve played better, Sarri is being more flexible. We’re stuck with him through the year and at least into the next I’d bet.

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we win, I'm OK with it. I would not want to be judged on my first few months on the job.

Blueallthru repped this.