Matchday 26: Watford v. Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's the Chels at the Vic against the Wat and we got Morata and Christensen out let's prepare for another fun afternoon with a false 9 with Hazard leading the line but all Watford have to do is watch the Bournemouth tape but if you want to watch this match it's on at 3PM on NBC Sports probably and we'll have to rely on goals from our defenders again why am I addicted to the footy again oh god please someone end it all why do we bother jesus christ I just remembered we have barkley on our team

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  2. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    is giroud healthy

3. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Conte said today he wont be in the 11 as he needs to "regain full fitness" whatever that means. Giroud is the least exhausted person in our squad right now. wtf.

Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Word. WORD.

Someone let Conte know his "idea of football" can suck it, these are professionals who don't need to be told how to do every little thing on the pitch and to just play the best lineup possible OK?????????????????????????????????????

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    This is Monday.

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Huh. He came into the team 2 days back. You expect him going straight into the team without having no idea how we play? This isn't really Fifa.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sanchez and Miki did. But that isn't the point.

Honestly, we don't have much of a choice. He needs to be involved because Hazard as a lone striker doesn't really work.

8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They were playing regularly and Giroud wasn't. His last full 90 was at the start of December. I doubt he is match fit.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll defer. But he needs to in the squad.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not rocket science, either. Eleven players, put the ball into the net.

Yahtzee repped this.
  11. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sure, it is that easy. Maybe you should be the next manager :)

12. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    that doesn't really help your case considering they both lost with their respective teams last game.......

HOWEVER, i agree, Giroud should at least be on the bench, if not start, simply because the team are out of options and we need him. though to be fair, it's not the best situation to come in for a new team and trying to gain the fans approval etc. though you'd like to think most of the fans would understand the situation.

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He offers something no one else can right now and that's his head. It's at least an option for launching in crosses. We're out of ideas. The current situation isn't working. Time for the manager to make his salary. Find a solution.

14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    his link up play is underrated as well. or maybe not underrated, but i actually think he'll do well in Conte's system with more than just his meaty french forehead.

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ^Yepp^

People act like these guys really need instructions for their every touch on the ball. They know what the ******** they're doing. Giroud can and should feature from the get-go if Morata is not available. Simple.

Brock Hannsen and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know I'm oversimplifying it, but this is a guy who has been around the block, ultra experienced, has played at the top level. He makes a ton of money. You can't tell me that Giroud couldn't go out there for 50-60 minutes as a striker and make something happen. If he can't he's not worth the money.

Yahtzee repped this.
  17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bats in Dortmund starting 11 today because they need a striker so they're playing a striker.

This might be the closest Pulisic ever gets to Chelsea, so I'll be watching.

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There situation is as bad as ours.

19. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can see him starting on the bench and coming on if we are really desperate. With Willian back, I will go for my tried and tested 3 in the front rather than risk a brand new player on a completely different wavelength. Yes, if Willian was injured, we would have had no option.

20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow....

*their

21. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Naughtius isn't here. You should be fine.

Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bats scores. Second one called back for offsides.

23. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    it was a good take for the goal. his overall play though is still what we've come to see. could link better, but i think he'll thrive with their play.

24. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2 goals for bats today who seemed to adapt to the complicated "score goals" tactics deployed at dortmund. But apparently Giroud needs at least a week of book study and training to develop a feel of the nuance of kicking a ball.

Schurrle stuck one in.

yasik19, Blueallthru and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ummm a week ?? Gonna take a good month of learning Conte's "idea of football" (honestly, I don't know what on earth that is anymore) before he'll be ready.