Matchday 26| September 16, 2017 | v LA Galaxy II

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Sep 16, 2017.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2017-9-16_7-48-16.png

Republic FC (39 pts., 11-8-6 overall, 6-2-4 @ home) v. Galaxy (26 pts., 7-14-5 overall, 4-6-1 away)

Papa Murphy Stadium
    • Television: CW31
    • Radio: none
    Last five:
    Republic L-W-L-D-L-W
    Galaxy W-L-W-L-D

Robdog repped this.
  2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I will be one of the few that will watch this match over the GGG vs Canelo fight :p

3. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are a man of refined taste. :thumbsup:

Honestly, I had not heard of such a fight or of these two fighters until about three days ago.:sleep:

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    man this match was eerily similar to the Colorado Springs Switchback game, but this time Sac-town finished off Los Dos :)

5. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair result, and I'm happy that we are getting goals from the new guys.

OTH, we've given up goals immediately after scoring twice this year, and last night we gave up the fastest goal to start off a game in league history - ten seconds! That's a lackadaisical mentality. It shouldn't happen. In this case, I don't necessarily fault Christian, who lost the duel, but there was a complete lack of hustle to close down on the ball after.

Anyway, the new kid looked good. He did not play the attacking role that I hoped but he's reasonably quick and distributes well. Partain was stretchered off early, replaced by Rodriguez, who had to leave in the 2nd half.

Good job by Ochoa on the assist, he didn't rush to try to get the ball in front of the goal but pulled it back so he could get his head up and actually aim the ball toward a teammate. Bijev's goal was a terrific one from distance, one I didn't see coming.

Tulsa and Phoenix won last night to stay hot on our heels. A loss by Swope Park at home to SA today would put us within 3 pts. of fourth with a game in hand.

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    no one saw that shot coming & that is how he scored ;)

7. joelrip

joelrip Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, Tulsa lost tonight to OKC, so we remain ahead of them with a game in hand. Conversely, Phoenix has a game in hand on us, and they can't seem to stop winning (they just beat the Monarchs!).

8. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, those OKC and Phoenix Rising games later this month are shaping up to be good ones....not too happy about us ending the season with three straight away games, though