Matchday 25 | Saturday, August 31, 2019 | @ LA Galaxy II

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by fortunesfool223, Aug 28, 2019.

1. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Saturday, Aug. 31, 7:00 pm
    @ LA Galaxy II
    StubHub Center - Track and Field Stadium,
    behind the porta-potties

TV
    Comcast Sacramento: KQCA My58 (4, 704), Estrella TV Sacramento (377)
    Dish: KQCA (58), Estrella (852)
    OTA: KQCA (58), Estrella (KQCA-DT3)
    Stream: ESPN+

Standings
    upload_2019-8-28_16-54-25.png

Preview

Last week, Sacramento lost (1-2) to Western Conference leaders Phoenix Rising. Cam Iwasa initiated the scoring in the second minute with an alert play that picked off an errant backpass. Although SRFC is one of only four teams to actually hold a lead on Phoenix in its last 15 games, they couldn't hold on, and were outshot 15-6 in the game.

This week, Bobby Shuttleworth (GK) has been recalled to Minnesota United FC for the Loons’ 2019 U.S. Open Cup Final against Atlanta United. Shuttleworth will be available for SRFC at the LA Galaxy II match, which, by the way, is the first between the clubs this season.

LA Galaxy II's last match was two weeks ago (Aug 17th) as visitors to New Mexico United. The game ended as a 2-2 draw, but Los Dos played the entire second half with ten men, and managed to even take a lead in the 71st minute. A gritty performance as they were out-shot 21-9.

This week, look for Mohammed Kamara (F) to add some offense to Los Dos. Kamara played at UCLA, where he scored 5 goals in 11 starts, and in his debut for LA Galaxy II at New Mexico, he scored in the 9th minute.

Watch Party

SRFC is hosting at watch party for the match at New Glory Eatery & Taproom. Party starts at 6:30 p.m. with happy-hour pricing and SRFC swag giveaways. New Glory Eatery is located at 5540 Douglas Blvd in Granite Bay.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^

Well, they have definitely backed themselves into a situation where they NEED this win. IMHO, the next three games will decide our October fate.

4. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
  5. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finishing was non-existant, won less than 50% of challenges, and the midfield (with the possible exception of Villareal) fell asleep on their defensive roles. We are lucky it didn't end up 3-0. Gotta agree with SS on this one. Looks like my October sport is gonna be MLB.

6. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting comments from Kevin Nagle this weekend in a Reddit conversation........

"I can tell you we have been working on all cylinders to figure out how to right this team. I just got off the phone with Todd Dunivant after exchanging several texts last night and today. The one question I have asked Todd is would he select the same player personnel now what he knew about them before signing them. This was the third time I asked they question. The answer has been an unequivocal YES. I believe we were picked to win our conference before the season began. I told him that we have 9 matches left to right this ship and he’s reminded me it has been done in a big way in the past and no reason why we can’t do it. I will be meeting with the coaching staff and management later this week."

and,

"I was agreeing with comments about our USL play. It’s unacceptable. But I am very optimistic. Believe me or not."

If Dunivant believes the problem isn't player personnel, that only leaves the coaching staff to blame. Of course, if Dunivant believed these players were equal to the likes of Phoenix (i.e. "picked to win our conference"), maybe he is the problem........