Matchday 2 | April 1, 2016 | vs. Orange County SC

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Mar 30, 2017.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2017-3-30_6-2-16.png

Sacramento Republic FC (3 pts., 1-0-0 overall, 0-0-0 at home) v. Orange County SC (3 pts., 1-0-0 overall, 0-0-0 away)

Saturday, 7:30 p.m. kick-off at the Murph
    • Television: nothing announced, yet
    • Radio: ditto

Revenge is sweet, and not fattening - Alfred Hitchcock

Threfore, arrive early and hit the beer and concession stands often!

2. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    100% solid effort from the Bears tonight. Got some tech issues - and some turf issues - at the Murph. Looks like this year's storms really did a number on the facility. Much to be pleased about, though. SRFC may actually have a functional offense with multiple threats, and their ability to manage end-game leads seems to have returned after the preseason gackfest.

3. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First 15 minutes reminded me of last week's Seattle game. Back line seemed a bit shaky and were on their heels. Settled soon after and controlled most of the game going forward.

Anyone else notice Ochoa seems to win a ton of headers in the midfield??

4. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he did, Moffat, too. I made a snarky comment about Ochoa's speed a couple of weeks ago but once he gets up a head of steam he can move and it looks like the boy can finish.

Solid performance all around, except for those first 15. Even when OC did have the better run of play they mostly settled for shots from outside the box. Hall is my unheralded MOTM, very calming influence in the back. Broke up a ton of passes and kept cool against the high pressure.

Kneeshaw was terrific, Blackwood's hustle that led to the 3rd goal was awesome. Not enough good things to say.

Electronic advertising board that runs the length of the touchline has been installed. Kind of a bummer when it has the white background and the play is on that side of the field. Also, the kit was sponsor was UCDavis Health, not Children's Hospital.

It took seven games to score six goals last season.

5. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to hijack the ugame thread, but you're right.
    Bright white background ads put the game in such contrast, I couldn't tell which team had the ball - both uniforms looked black, lol.

9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully we get to see an ideal back line soon. Hall and Klimenta as our center backs is not what we want. Christian and James hopefully jump in there next game with Klimenta back on the right. Hord did well offensively though.

I still don't think Cesar should be sniffing a spot on this team. Not when we have the depth at attack we do now.

Kiffe looked slow and invisible, I would not be surprised to learn he's playing through some injury.

10. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A fantastic performance from a newly rebuilt side. Goals galore, only a few sniffs on goal for OC and the crowd was up for it.

Ochoa scored twice, but Kneeshaw and Blackwood look like the real threats on goal as we go forward this season. I'm very impressed with those two.