Matchday #18: Union v Sounders, June 24, 2015 p/d/p (R)

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by aztec21bas, Jun 17, 2015.

?

Predict the Outcome: Union v. Sounders

Poll closed Jun 24, 2015.
  1. Win

19.2%
  2. Loss

69.2%
  3. Tie

11.5%
  1. Starpork

Starpork Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yeah, he doesn't really know how to go backwards. Maybe Fred can teach him.

Edit: That's not a bash on Fred. He was vital in slowing the game down in the last 10 minutes. For a while it looked like only Fred and CJ knew enough to stop attacking.

G-Ho Blue and LuckyStriker repped this.
  2. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was less than 15 FEET away! :)

3. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ayuk also dribbled the ball out of bounds at one point, so entirely appropriate he came on for Wenger.

Handsome Pete repped this.
  4. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agree with you all that he could have played better towards the end to kill off the game but when he entered he made things happen big time on the offense. At one point Pfeffer should have scored from I believe another Ayuk pass, but Pfeffer leaned back too much and the ball flew over the goal. Ayuk puts more pressure on the defense than Pfeffer, Letoux & Wenger. More pressure on the defense is a great thing since it reduces offensive pressure on us. Also, as Ayuk gets more playing time he will beat defenders more and he will become one of our most valuable assets.

Brinker and Tyr repped this.
  5. MattyB316

MattyB316 Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Delco, PA (137 H)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Drew Carey was at the game?! lol I wish I would've seen him, or even more awesome to get a picture with him. Everyone at my work says I look like him (they literally just refer to me as Drew), they would have had a heart attack lol

a little more on topic though, I thought the majority of our passing (like normal) was god awful. It's even worse when there's a decent streak of like 5 passes building up the field and then the ball is literally given to the other team. There's only so many times you can go "Damn, close but no cigar" before you just want to kill someone for turning the ball over so easily.

CJ is the main reason I even want to watch the games half the time. Happy after all the doubt at the beginning of the season he is showing something.

6. Brinker

Brinker Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Paoli, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, can't argue with any of that. I'd like to see Ayuk start and then have Wenger come in as the sub, since Wenger is bigger and better defensively and may do well later in games when the defense is tired. The big question for me is, do we move Sapong over to the wing when Nando is ready? I think so even though CJ has been great, since I can't imagine wasting Nando on the bench if healthy.

7. cwelch999

cwelch999 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THAT'S why they're having money troubles!

gettysburg11 repped this.