Matchday 17 Chelsea FC vs. AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Dec 14, 2019.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes (hip) and yes (dip).

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Not sure who “they” is, but if it’s Chelsea, my point is that Chelsea should finish 4th, not that we necessarily will.

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They did 'over here'.

4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pulisic is doing OK but come on he is NOT Eden Hazard! You didn't seriously expect a top 4 finish this season did you! There is a reason why everybody expected them to struggle! Of course I am beginning to realise that you think you know better than people that have spent their lives actively involved in Premier League football so it no longer surprises me but I do think you are much better 'suited' supporting Madrid, perhaps you could go in to their boards?

5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    They did not. You repeating it doesn’t make it true. If there were lots of experts predicting a bottom half of the table finish for us, can you link to those predictions? Either side of the pond is fine.

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I fully expected us to compete for a top 4 spot this season, yes. I have faith in this club and its talent. If you do not, perhaps you shouldn’t support this club.

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both of you need to calm down with the questioning of each others fanhood. Disagree all you want but we’re all Chelsea fans here.

8. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    In light of the current discussion the fixture against Spuds looks pretty big for the first half of the season. Take all three or get a draw and 4th looks good, lose and slip to fifth.

That isn't terrible considering all the circumstances. Solidly in fourth or in fifth isn't an all is lost moment. Add a top shelf LB and a back-up striker and it is game on for a CL spot next year.

lobomojo repped this.
  9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep. Spurs are within spitting distance.

Four league defeats from five, city, ok fair enough, West Ham Everton Bournemouth I won't accept, so angry, so pissed off. AND spurs are within spitting distance and may well finish above us. Their new manager in his honeymoon phase.

10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Perfectly calm here. I’m not actually suggesting Crawley support another side. Up to him. Plenty of Chelsea fans I don’t agree with. Doesn’t bother me.

11. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Funny how different this discussion would be if Emerson converts a header

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Forgot about that completely. What a ********ing miss that was.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I think that's a mistake though. Even if we win that game 1-0, it's not as if we'd have played especially well.

In fairness, it was a save, not a miss.

14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sometimes, a result is a result. I would be happier with a 1-0 win, than a 1-0 loss.

Not sure how winning is a mistake.

I thought you would be calling for the head of Frank Lampard by now, knowing that you dislike Frank.

Crawleybus and lobomojo repped this.