Matchday 15 | June 21, 2017 | v Rio Grande Valley

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

upload_2017-6-21_7-43-46.png

Republic FC (18 pts., 5-6-3 overall, 3-1-1 @ home) v Rio Grande Valley (17 pts., 5-5-2 overall, 1-2-1 away)

Papa Murphy's Park - Kickoff will be at 8:15 p.m. due to the weather.
    • Television: None
    • Radio: None
    Last five:
    Sacramento W-D-D-L-W
    Vancouver D-D-L-W-L

Republic FC will take several measures to ensure that fans, players and staff are as comfortable as possible despite the heat. These include:
    • Pushing kickoff to 8:15 p.m.
    • Free hand fans courtesy of UC Davis Health
    • Free ice cream for all fans
    • Multiple water stations
    • Shade tents and water misters in The Market
    • Additional shade
    • Industrial fans
    upload_2017-6-21_7-48-53.png

2. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to be missing this one. Middle of the week games are already hard to make, but high of 109 today in Sacramento? Even pushing the game back and free ice cream can't get me there today. They should have postponed or cancelled today's game, going to be some ugly soccer watching our guys run around in 95 degrees at 9pm.
    Papa Murphys Park is going to be pretty empty tonight..

3. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    3-0 SAC at recess. Far and away the best half of footy I've seen this season from SRFC. RGV is a hot-climate team but they look like they're melting out there.

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    6-2

We sure scored a whole lot of goals.

Maybe we should play in the heat all the time.

5. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmmm, QuietType misses a game and the boys go hog-wild with goals. Connection??????. Just sayin'

:)

QuietType repped this.
  6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    well Sac-Town has been a Hot Climate the past month - only Hell is hotter ;) - Good job Sac-town - starting the look like the RSL has started a spark for this side - the USL Western Conference is very competitive - winning home matches will be required to advance to Playoffs

7. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to a number of folks at the game that thought the same....beating RSL seems to have instilled a newfound confidence.

I dunno, I would think a professional athlete would have that mindset about himself before he plays ANY opponent. Maybe it's more confidence in his teammates' abilities?

Second - if true, let's hope playing Galaxy doesn't knock the confidence back out.

Here's to hoping the improved play will be consistent through the remainder of the schedule!

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I have heard & read that confidence plays a big part of a professional athlete. So I can believe that is an issue. There is a reason why teams employs Sports Psychologists to their payroll. If you don't believe me, then read this article from a Sports Psychologist about the subject

9. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Buckle saw @Robdog 's signature and decided to share.

Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So from what I can tell, this team does better with Ochoa out of the starting lineup. :eek: But Blackwood and Cesar are really doing well the past couple of games. We destroyed RGV.

11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    For me, Blackwood is always a plus when I watch Sac-town play. I like Cesar too, because he does put pressure on opponents backline. Ochoa works hard, but maybe there is a case that Sac-Town becomes more dynamic when he doesn't play. I do like to see Chaney play as well up top.