PBP: Matchday 14: E33.Netherlands-Canada

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by blissett, Jun 20, 2019.

1. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't ever underestimate the Nadeshiko.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    they are very good in the air but woefully slow. Japan has a lot of pacey players that will cause problems.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They watch a lot of Ajax matches and figure that high pressure will work wonders!!!

4. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    The Dutch definitely need to find another couple of good pacey, athletic players in the back. Bloodworth has become a very good centerback, which is testimony to her size, athleticism and skill set, especially given that she only plays CB for the national team. She is a very good player. I'm a fan of Van Lunteren: She's not slow but certainly not a match for some of the speedy winters/outside backs in the tournament--but she is very solid, smart and tough. She struggled at times today but that's football. Van Dongen proved a smart choice today: Certainly she is not all that speedy or that good going forward, but she can get in some good crosses and is usually very sound positionally. I do hope the Dutch have some defensive talent coming up in the ranks--I'm not sure after Van Dongen there is much on the bench in France.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FIFA official highlights of the game. I get the message that they have a pre-determined 2':11" format that they won't break for any reason in the universe, but keeping Van de Donk's bicycle kick out of highlights was criminal to me! :x3:):

Romario'sgurl and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  6. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Agree about Van de Donk bicycle--it was a pretty good-looking effort

Orange14 and blissett repped this.
  7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I liked the big smile she had on her face after the attempt.

blissett repped this.