Matchday 11 - Bring your rain coat

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Guy Everett, May 18, 2016.

1. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 Guy Everett, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Montreal Impact
    Camping World Stadium
    May 21
    7:30

Turning attention to Saturday and Montreal - and the first of 4 out of 5 at home which can decide Heaths future. Looks like Shea is training again and Ceren is day to day (aren't we all). Probably no Drogba for the Impact.

And with current weather reports, lots of rain.

Looking at Ticketmaster, the 'limited seats remain' sign is up. If somehow the sun does come out (walk ups) I'm guessing 32,000+

Listening to Heath on Tuesdays Bianch morning show, he promises lots of changes. I'm guessing Ceren is out so I will only guess:

Bendik
    Ramos/Mateos/Hines/Boden
    Carrasco/Haguita
    Molino/Kaka/Shea
    Larin

2. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will not be there. I have a family function that evening on the coast.

Ticketmaster has begun implementing a new ticket selection map that no longer shows an approximation at higher zoom levels, and requires you to zoom much further in to see individual seats. That'll make getting a seat map much harder.

3. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you hate when family functions get in the way of a good time at a soccer match :)

I only jest....

Enjoy your family!

4. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC

I like the thoughts, but it's Inchy and he can be difficult to read.

It might be interesting if we see Donovan sooner rather than later, but I believe he has a ways to go from a fitness aspect. Mateos hasn't really done anything wrong, but the attitude is certainly different with a Mateos/Redding pairing. My gut (and wild guess) tells me that Redding gets the call over Mateos. Heath spent a lot of time talking about passion Tuesday morning, and Redding brings more, I think. If I'm reading his comments correctly, Noce will be on the bench and Winter is likely in the lineup.

Shea was the best offensive player we had this weekend. But I think he gets a breather, maybe gets to come off the bench as the change of pace if he's fit. I think Shea is still very important to the team, maybe he ends up back at LW but he'll be starting somewhere. But being banged up I think now is a good time for a break and a chance to regain the energy of Winter. Maybe if the team needs some attacking late you get Rivas and Shea at LW and LB as late energy.

The lineups should be interesting in any event. Although when Heath talks about lineup changes, it usually ends up being only one or two.

5. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of lost Winter in the shuffle. I do agree with you on Shea's offensive abilities, which is why I put him at LW, but you could be right about giving him a rest and putting Winter in. I do not think Heath will sit either Kaka or Molino - nor should he.

6. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I agree on Kaka and Molino. And Molino has shown flashes and probably needs the time on the pitch to regain form. But he still disappears out there at times, like he did Sunday.

In any event, something needs to change.

7. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI - on a side note, we get Geiger this weekend in the center. I think this is his first time in Orlando. Everyone, be ready for the most random red card you can think of....not sure which side gets it....I guess a 50/50 shot.

8. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hard time believing he could be any worse than Unkel.

Unkel used to ref in the Tampa men's league. Even back then he was considered terrible. It's mind boggling to me that he has made it to this level. Who does he have compromising pictures of?

9. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geiger is a strange referee. Just a couple years ago he was rated as the number 1 USSF ref. Then he started to get the 'I'm the show' syndrome some refs (in all sports) can get. He would be doing a really good job with a game, then out of no where he pulls a red out. Then the last Gold Cup disaster when he centered Mexico/Costa Rica (or was it Panama?) game, where the referee mistakes at the end of the game lead to an internal investigation that he had 'fixed' the game.

Course after all that, USSF is sending him as the US representative center for the COPA tournament, so they still regard him very highly.

Midfield General repped this.
  10. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Toledo is the only worse ref. Stoica was pretty crazy last year, but he has quietly been called upon much less often. So I think he's about done. (Just as I type that I notice he has a game this week...)

11. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  12. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to come out strong and get 3 points. I think this is a must win game for the team. We cant lose one at home, or I think that could break this team. Another tie does nothing for morale.

We need a confidence boost in the worst way.

13. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For many people at the club, the next 5 games (4 home) are important.

14. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Inchy has to be looking over his shoulder by now.

UCFWayne repped this.
  15. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I do not think Flavio is at all the games, with the time he needs to be in Brazil, but if you are Inchy and you hear he will be in the house, you have to get a cold shiver down your spine.

But, lets keep our heads up and go into the next 5 with a positive attitude.

16. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He might not be but he no doubt has eyes and ears there. A big reason I'm concerned about Heath possibly getting fired is that his replacement will probably be the Brazilian John Carver.

17. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2nd hand knowledge from a reliable source (one of Heath's very good drinking buddies) take it for what it's worth. Heath told him a month ago that he knows he's on very thin ice.

I have a feeling if he doesn't turn it around real soon they'll make a change at the copa america break.

18. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't make it over for the match. Wasn't always pretty but we'll take it.

Looked like a good sized crowd on tv.

19. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Just over 34,000. Sloppy in the first half, the team seemed to kind of put it together and play with more confidence in the second half. Actually, to be truthful, the game seemed to turn when Ramos went down with a hammy. Alston turned in a fine defensive performance, even if he isn't quite as dynamic offensively. But he is steady.

Carrasco had a gutty performance, as did some others. Much needed win.

20. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to Connor after the game, he likes OCB and will get his second full 90 tonight. Don't know when we'll see him back in the senior side. Ramos had been nursing the calf and it pulled that hamstring real good last night. Will we be hurting without him? I thought Kevin Alston did very well. Did anyone else see Ricky come over to talk to Inchy several times during the game? I sit where I can see the coach all game and he was passing a lot more instruction/tactical calls to players tonight during injury breaks than usual. What the f*&K was up with the lone runner going after Ricky post-game? We can't have that. No pitch invasions.

21. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I missed the pitch invasion. I'm quite sure he was taught a lesson.

I really think we are better with Altson in the lineup. Ramos has more promise, but we need to win games. Alston is light years ahead of Ramos defensively. Even the yellow card was professional. He knew he was beat and probably knew he would get booked, but maybe saved a goal. Ramos would have either been beat on that play and let him go, or done something really violent.

Ramos is more active on offense and a better crosser. But Alston was effective offensively, he was the one that started the winning goal by stretching the defense wide and then pulling back and finding Higuita. Kind of nice to see him and Redding playing hard on the right without the ridiculous panic and crazy fouls and slide tackles that Hines and Ramos give us on that side.

UCFWayne repped this.
  22. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    And I guess we might see Donovan on the bench Wednesday, if Hines is still out.

23. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Altson had a solid game, but I'm not sure I will go as far as to say he is better than Ramos. I think it might have a lot to do with Piatti (who completely schooled Ramos, but then again I rate him as the best player in MLS) seem to have shifted to the other side for a lot of the second half. Altson was mostly matching up with Salazar - a serious drop off in talent.

But Altson will get his chance, the way Ramos pulled up, my guess is we do not see him again until after the COPA break.

24. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was a good start to the 5 game stretch. First half was disappointing, but second half was better (plus the heat/humid which was clearly taking a serious toll on Montreal from the 70th minute on). But a win is a win and we desperately needed that.

1) I think Rivas had his best overall game - still much to improve, but over all I think he earned another start.

2) Bendik - makes me wonder why did Toronto let him go, almost makes me laugh thinking last year at this time we had Rickets...RICKETS in goal for us....man what a difference a year makes.

3) Did you see the pass Kaka made to put Larin on the break away in the second half...holey crap...that was a world class pass!

4) Baptista sure started rough :) But the combination he started on the winning goal, almost covers the $90,000 we are paying for him.

25. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    34 year old (essentially) minimum wage player that has accomplished a ton in his career, and he's out there running around with an energy that is more than some of the young guys. His salary is worth it just for the example he brings to the younger players. Beautiful touches like that and the assist to Rivas earlier in the season are a bonus.

Guy Everett repped this.