PBP: Match Thread: USA vs Bosnia Herzegovina

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Sebsasour, Jan 28, 2018.

1. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

lets bench pulisic/saief/mckennie though I mean carleton had that great goal and assist in the wc, weah had a great goal and durkin...lets go with the future

lol you are too funny

what is the difference between parks and the rest of those guys you mentioned?

the others have shown it a the top division against good competition.

parks is behind just get over it, I also wonder if you are picking parks as the hero for a reason. Is it that you know parks isn't near ready so you know you don't have to worry about him coming up short and since he won't be in the squad for the next atleast year you know you'll have something to complain about?

so its amazing hours ago parks was that elite skill guy and now he is the defensive destroyer lol, I mean you aren't saying he is both right?

once again...there is no coach...they don't have a system so don't pick the lineup...wait about 5 months then you can start trying with guys ready.

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't get the Pomykal hype. Wright can't get off the bench in BL2 but gosh forbid one should make even the mildest criticism of his highness.

I think you go with Sargent(Jozy) as the 9 and let Pulisic(Morris) fool around up top.

Parks(Delgado ) get the team moving thru midfield. The problem with Parks at the dmid where you put him is that his defense from a stationary position isn't good. Look at the slow leg extention and slow first step. He is much better on the move where his positioning and tackling is quite good. I prefer McKennie at the 10 over the 6 but the explanation is very long.

Williams(Durkin) or EPB( Roldan) are the dmid types and I'd put McKennie (Carleton) at the 10.

I'd add offense by using wb's who would be some combo of Chandler(Adams), Saief, (Rowe).

STR1 repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Don't blame me for Adams at cam on sunday. Iwouldnt play him at any central position, period.
    And I don't see why you automatically assume a 10 is "the" playmaker

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  4. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #504 y-lee-coyote, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    My bad, I thought you just misunderstood my original post. My efforts at clarification only made you double down on the position you falsely assigned to me. You either fail at reading comprehension or just want to carry on an obtuse argument assigning positions to me that I do not hold.

I never said dude was a destroyer, I said the two of McKinnie and Parks could work side by side and allow Pulisic to play what I think is his best position. Nor did I represent him as some savior of USSoccer, anywhere except in your haterade fueled agenda.

You seem intent on creating some argument that does not exist. It isn't like I am one of these posters that pollutes every thread for years calling for some marginal past it/never was player that has rightly been left out of the mix.

I am sure you are capable of continuing your imaginary assignation to others just like you have done with me. It is a shame too because even though we were off topic I was enjoying the discussion until you decided to be a ____.

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pomykal hasn't been let on the field yet at FC Dallas. He's done extremely well at lower levels, and in scrimmages/reserve matches. He's a very skilled player, more so than any player we have, aside from Carleton. He's probably suited for the #10 role, but you can't have two playing the same position. He can also play RW, cutting inside.

And that front 6 is not for right now. Its for a few years down the road. Only two of those six have been capped.

6. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    This is my point...it's one play against Portugal backups and u want to push pulisic out because of one highlight. Bartra arguably scored bd best goal of the last year does that mean that can be an attacking mid or striker....no he is a CB.

7. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

8. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    ok so lets try at this

what is parks to you?

you went form playmaker to build around to the side missing a destoryer and putting him there but he is't that...what is he.

I see parks 2/3 years down the road maybe getting a shot at a dmid sport with the usmnt team.

I am not arguing anything I am just confused where you stand

parks is just another dmid on the list?

9. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    slow leg extention? mckennie isn't a 10 and saief/rowe are not wingbacks at all.

and you are pushing pulisic out for this team? seems like a mistake.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Keaton Parks is the definition of a box-to-box CM. He's not playing the DM role. Even McKennie has played the DM role on occasion, but not Parks AFAIK.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  11. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Good luck man! I am unsubscribing.

12. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    kid is once in a lifetime, he was a dm with great skills...then a talented winger...then a build around talent and now...a box to box midi.

13. Bluegoose951

Bluegoose951 Member

Jan 10, 2017
    Jonathan Gonzalez was by far the best US National against Bosnia

TheHoustonHoyaFan and TOAzer repped this.
  14. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    I want my negative rep option back.

15. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #515 Lookingforleftbacks, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Sorry for being late to the party. I was out of the country for the last two weeks and only just saw the game. It was effing awful, but you all know that.

One thing that is consistent with our team (excluding Pulisic and maybe a few other guys) is the movement off the ball is abysmal. We absolutely need almost every single player to have a better iq and desire when we are attacking. Also, if we don’t find players who can start creating and leading attackers into good positions, we don’t have a chance. I know some of the kids have done all of that, and I know Pulisic is consistent at it, but how many times have we played teams like Panama or Honduras and they sit ten guys behind the ball and we have no ability to create?

The only other thing I’ll say about the game is I don’t know what the hell Rowe has to do to prove he’s better than most of the guys who keep starting over him. I never even liked him before and have never been a fan, but every time I’ve seen him he’s been one of the standout players with the NT.