Match Thread - Toronto FC vs. Orlando City SC - May 3, 2017 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #1 atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What/When
    • Toronto FC (3-4-1) will return home to BMO Field to take on Orlando City SC (6-0-1) on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 7:30 pm EDT.
    TV/Video
    Radio/Audio

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    This should be a fun one! A fired up, in form TFC against a high flying Orlando. And a chance for everyone to see Larin at home. Here we go!

3. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'll say what I always say when we play them: TFC 3 Orlando 2, Larin with the brace.

4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    ^ That's not a bad prediction. Maybe one for Altidore, one for Giovinco, and Edwards potting his first goal late in the game to pull out the win?

5. DavemTFC

DavemTFC Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Big week this. Orlando (who are top of the league after making the most of a home heavy schedule) and then Seattle away

I know there's gonna be tons of squad rotation but I think Delgado's should be favoured at CM over Oso and Cooper.

It'll be interesting to see who sits when Moor eventually comes back too. Maybe one of Zav/Hag?

6. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Oh, and I forgot the Will Johnson's first visit back story line.

7. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ugh. Toledo's the ref for this one.

8. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Nice match to watch.......first time in a while that I would say the opposition had the better of the midfield play but, contrary to the old axiom, the team that won midfield did not win the match....2-1 for the good guys on brace from Seba.

DavemTFC and crazypete13 repped this.
  9. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Toledo seemed awful tonight - rarely do the people in 223 chant - but they did tonight for him.

10. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    honestly, I don't think so....he was letting a lot of stuff go (both ways) and it was a classic BMO night where the fans jumped on every call against us that he let go and didn't notice anything wrong with the things he let go against Atlanta.

The one call that I think he clearly got wrong was when Seba was hauled down in the 2nd half from behind....even the defender was surprised by that and I think he was "taking one for the team" and was ready to accept his foul and yellow....but other than that it seemed a pretty evenly reffed match....but, as I said, the evenness was biased towards letting physical play happen (guy I took to the match is more of a hockey guy and he even observed that this was the most physical match I had taken him to and that "the ref seems ok with it".

11. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Interesting question was asked yesterday during the match. When Moor comes back, does Morrow go back to his usual position or do they stick with Edwards at LM?

12. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'll fully admit I'm not unbiased - and he let it get physical - my bigger issue was with the obvious handballs that weren't called and the escalating fouls he let slide he shouldn't've IMO.

13. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Stick with Edwards. How can you take him out with the way he's playing?

14. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Agreed.

If they switch to 4 at the back, both can play. But Vanney seems to like a back 3. Perhaps Morrow will just have to change roles for the foreseeable future.

And who knew Edwards would be this good this quickly?

15. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    It's a "problem" that Vanney probably enjoys having. Too many good midfield players for the number of minutes available. Although I suspect we may see some player resting and shuffling over the next little while with all the short weeks (including the Canadian Championship matches).

16. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I suspect Moor would replace Hagglund straight up.