Match Thread - TFC vs FC Dallas May 25th, 2018

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by ArteEtLabore, May 25, 2018.

1. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think I have a new least favourite MLS team.

And I'm getting tired of commentators calling it "gamesmanship". Gamesmanship means actually playing the game. Fans don't pay money to watch people come out with stretchers. Or to watch goalkeepers drink from their water bottles instead of putting the ball into play. That was an insult to the game.

2. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's not over, but we are in very serious danger of missing the playoffs.

3. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You can look at the game last night and chalk it up to bad luck but when the team consistently wastes chances and looks disorganized at the back, it's no longer an issue of luck. The players who are healthy, haven't done enough.

4. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Credit where it's due. Dallas' goalie was awesome.

5. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    We're getting close. We're burning through a lot of the easier games that we should be winning. I get that injuries are playing a big role but, as it stands, by the time we get our full squad back we'll be into the part of the schedule where we're coming up against much tougher teams. We'd have to expect to lose some of those games just because they'll be difficult. So, yes, we're getting close.

6. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When you have to push Bradley to the back because of injuries leaves a big hole in my mind in the middle. Its a difference maker because as good as Bradley is when he has to play in the back holes are created and chances are being buried against us. Also, Ricketts cannot start. Offers nothing. I'd rather see Chapman until Altidore can get back. We are a healthy centre back and Altidore returning away from a run of wins (as long as they stay healthy). At this point, just get in and be healthy during the playoffs. Ill take the extra wild card game and stack this team up against anyone when healthy.

7. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    ^ Personally I think Vanney should leave Bradley in his normal midfield position. I don't care if this requires calling up a defender from the local beer league. The team is much more effective when Bradley is marshalling things in the centre.

And you're right - we don't have to win the Shield, just get into the playoffs and take it from there.