Match Thread - CCL - Toronto FC vs. Tigres UANL - March 7, 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    What/When
    • Toronto FC will return home to BMO Field to take on Tigres UANL of Mexico in the first leg of a 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal tie on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 8:00 pm EST.
    TV/Video
    Radio/Audio
    • None as of yet

2. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    These are the games I look forward to since we qualified for the competition last season. Playing a very good Tigres side should be a great test for our team and I hope we have better showing then the previous two games.

3. DavemTFC

DavemTFC Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lots of tough lineup decisions. Who plays RB, Auro who is rather green defensively or VdW who looked well off the place on Sat? Who plays in midfield to give us the best balance (if Vazquez and Aketxe start Delgado has to as well, which means benching Osorio despite being on a very good run of form). Do we go back to the 3-5-2?
    I don't expect us to go through but I do expect to make Tigres work for everything and I'll be disappointed if there isn't significant improvement on the last 2 games

4. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    #4 Deleted User x, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    This is the biggest test of the Bez era.

I'd start Auro over VdW for this game. There is plenty of time to get VdW integrated into the lineup but this isn't the time. And Auro just looks so much better right now.

Midfield is the million dollar question. In a 4-4-2 I would think it's Delgado who looses his spot.

Hopefully they go back to a 3-5-2.

5. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  6. DavemTFC

DavemTFC Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I am SOO happy when Oso is in form

7. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A really good game all around and a great result. Perhaps as important is the sense of belief in this team. In previous years the attitude would have been "let's just try to keep it close" and having the opponent score first would have killed the team. Now it just made them play harder. The come from behind aspect of the win is great. Regardless of the ultimate outcome of the second leg, TFC will be going to Mexico believing they can win. That's huge.

8. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the win. Great fightback & good luck in Mexico.

crazypete13 repped this.
  9. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I only caught the second half but we played a lot better than the past couple games from what I saw. We control the game for the most part and created far more chances. See at this level where for us to move we prob need to be more clinical in our fishing the 2nd leg just like Tigres was. MOTM I thought was Bradly who really controlled the middle and shut down most of the attack Tigres tried.