MATCH THREAD - CCL FINAL - TORONTO FC VS. CD CHIVAS GUADALAJARA - APRIL 17, 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    What/When
    • Toronto FC will return home to BMO Field to take on CD Chivas Guadalajara from Mexico in the first leg of the 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League final on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 8:15 pm EDT.
    TV/Video
    Radio/Audio
    • None as of yet

2. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any word if the weather is going to impact the game?

3. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Weather should play a major factor. Not sure Mexico like cold weather...lol. The pitch is probably going to be horrendous. My biggest issue is that there isn't a yellow card reset for the final. That's ridiculous. You want everyone playing 100% while not being tentative and you just don't get that as the guys sitting on yellow are going to be tentative. I just hope Giovinco doesn't go into a bad call tirade to earn a yellow tonight. Ref has to realize who is on and who is not on a yellow and manage accordingly as to not destroy the final.

4. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  5. Section 121

Section 121 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Oakville
    I've been away from the site for quite a while and the look has changed a bit. Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere I can post a ticket for sale for tonight's TFC game (no scalping, just have ended up with an extra ticket to sell for face value or less). Thks.

6. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Nothing else to say here.

[​IMG]

7. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I say were are going to see a lot of the ball tonight with Chivas bunkering in to try and keep the goal against at a minimum. Again big thing is if we can keep a clean sheet which we couldn't do vs Tigres/Club America cause this team can score away from home which make things easier. From the sounds of it we should have most our team fit enough to play beside Vazquez who still isn't 100 percent.

8. adammac19

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Worst start we could of had giving up a goal on poor defending but nice bounce back with the Osorio goal and as half went on Jozy/Seba were starting to link together and create chances. Hope for some clinical finishing and few more goals

9. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any streaming anywhere? I live in the US and I do not have Univision

10. adammac19

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Disappointing result for us, prob deserved more given the run of play but we paid for our mistakes and didn't take our chances in the 1st half. This type of game is why we miss Vazquez who could add creativity to break down what was a good Chivas defending,

Made it tough to go away and having to win away from home but it is doable with the quality we have,

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The guys blew it tonight. It's that simple.

12. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We were on par with them for the first half, but didn't bury our chances and then lost all co-ordination in the second half. Too many times our players had a good opportunity to move the ball and hesitated.

The reffing was crap, but can't can't blame the result on them.

13. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    One could, given the first goal was on a throw in that went out without a TFC player touching it ...

14. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Perhaps but at the end we got a corner that we shouldn't have. Chivas capitalised on their's (coupled with poor marking on our part), we didn't.

15. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    let go to win the first half next week...then go from there. If we are winning after 45 in Guadalajara i will still believe over the final 45 minutes that we can add to it.

16. DavemTFC

DavemTFC Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Been too busy to post here recently but I've watched all our games except the Houston one (which looking at the score is probably a good thing). It's been an incredible run with some legendary performances (Ashtone's brilliant performance and goal at home, Bono's big save, Moor's second half of like 20 clearances at the Azteca, etc) but man was last week a let-down. As good as Bono's been, that was a bad gamble he took on their free kick and we payed for it. Big mistake.
    Overall other than Oso nobody in red played with anywhere near the fire they've shown in recent weeks. Whether that's because of so many injured or so many on the brink of suspension (Giovinco had obviously been told to cool it this game but he plays better on edge so he especially wasn't at 100%). These lads are capable of getting a 2+-goal win in Mexico but it's going to be really tough