Match Rescheduling Process

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by CMRunning, Feb 2, 2017.

1. CMRunning

CMRunning Member

May 18, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Everyone,

If we make the FA Cup Semis, our match against Sunderland that Saturday (4/22) will be rescheduled. Anyone happen to know when it might be rescheduled for? Would it turn into a random weeknight game the next week? Is there a day it usually falls on?

2. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know the actual process or whether representatives from either club are consulted during the process, but it will most likely be played during the first available mid-week slot not already competing (or potentially competing) with the Premier League schedule and/or Arsenal's Champions League fixtures.

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    are your travel plans centered around that weekend match? that happened to me in 2015. i thought Arsenal was supposed to play on a Saturday and it was rescheduled to Sunday. luckily i was able to change my flight to the next day with little penalty. if it would have been pushed to Monday/Tuesday, i would have been f**d

4. CMRunning

CMRunning Member

May 18, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am actually, yes. I embarrassingly looked at the schedule wrong and put the deposit down for 2 tickets on Arsenal America thinking it would be moved based on Champions League and not FA Cup so I thought, "oh, OK, well I can do Saturday or Sunday no problem." We leave that following Monday. Rookie move on my part.

Any chance you think they'll move it to a date the week before instead of after? That I can swing! ha

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Doubtful they move a game to an earlier date. Usually it's done at a later date :(