Match Day Thread: UAE vs Iraq [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Oct 11, 2016.

1. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    ******** the iraqi federation we have so much talent on the streets of iraq but all they do is ********ing take bribes to let someone play. ******** the government, ******** the federation, I call for a revolution after we finish with ISIS

2. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Shit from start to end. Walid salim: shit, nadhum: shit, atwan: shit, resan: shit, alaa as a striker is shit and as a cam we might as well play stephen hawking.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  3. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Absolutely nothing can be said about this game. Radhi is a coward and a disaster. Cant believe this is the one coach who is unsackable. Unbelievable that this is the guy that the FA decided will "build our future". The excuses are running out for this loser.

It's a disgrace.

4. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    If there was stage 5 cancer, thats what i would have after this performance.

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq wasn't good enough and doesn't have what it takes to qualify for a World Cup.
    Let's be honest here, if we put Mourinho as coach it won't make a difference. It is more than just the coach.

******** it guys. Ma3al asaf ya Iraq.

6. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Awful display. Amjad Attwan and Alaa Abdul Zahra are simply not good enough to play for Iraq. Alaa is our captain and has literally been anonymous in every game he played. How does this guy have over 100 caps for Iraq? I didn't even realise he was playing till he was subbed off. Amjad Attwan clearly has potential but he's a teenager. He's clearly not ready for this level and is inexperienced. You could tell that from how many stupid fouls he gave away.

We have a Serie A player sitting on our bench and we bring in two Iraqi league players Bashar and Ayman who were both completely ineffective while Adnan doesn't even get a run out. I can't understand Radhi at times, or any Iraqi coach for that matter. Even Abdul Ghani Shahad does similarly strange things like when he subs off Adnan and Husni in the Olympics vs South Africa which kills our whole game. The only players who were okay today was Hameed (even though his distribution is poor) and Justin who was lively. I thought Waleed was quite solid as well, most attacks came down Dhurgham's side who in my opinion was poor.

I really want us to have a coach who stays with us for 3-4 years and builds his own team, but I'm questioning whether Radhi is the right man now. He is repeating the same mistakes again and again, playing Alaa with Mohanad has never worked but he continues, Attwan has never played well for the first team (Olympics doesn't count) and he continues to play, players like Hussam Kadhim gets called to the squad when we could have given a call up for someone like Abdul Qadir Tariq, Marwan Hussein, Mustafa Jawda, Emad Mohsen, Farhan Shakor etc (all strikers who are actually playing well in the Iraqi league). Honestly for me, if Radhi does leave and we can't get a good foreign coach in then it has to be Basim Qasim. The guy's achievements speak for himself and he's pretty much the only Iraqi coach left who has a better record than Radhi and who hasn't already been given the job.

Iraqilambo and Iraqipower repped this.
  7. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    iraq football is declineing and that is a fact take out justin ahmed yasin and what kind of team do iraqi team have? the players not the same level as in 2007 adn the league in iraq is poorer and the rest of the khaleej and asia is better leagues look at thailand and see that iraqi league is weaker in everything, thailand, thailand and the emiratei league and saoudi league all better teams,clubs coaching and stadiums

8. Birdman79

Birdman79 Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No more iraqi coaches.They lack simple understanding of the modern game. We need a foreign coach,and base the team on expats and maybe some local players.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  9. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No, we can't just sit down and accept mediocrity. We are better than the UAE. We have players. We have so much talent, but moron coaches don't know how to use it.

Our league is weak, but it's making talented players. We've had young talents leave Iraq for Europe every summer now for the past few seasons. Ali Adnan made it to Serie A through the Iraqi league in this recent period.

Take our Justin and Ahmed Yasin and you have Ali Adnan and Ali Husni to take their place. Then there's Mahawy, Dhurgham, Ahmed Ibrahim, Saad Abdul Amir, Muhannad, Sherko and so on.

We have good players. This is not their level. We are massively underperforming and it's Radhi's fault alone. The players are playing the way he's telling them to play.

I refuse to accept that this is our level. That's not true.

10. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I just want to know how Radhi's brain functions.

How could you think that it's a good idea to have 2 DMs, Alaa as an AM and expect that to work? Meanwhile we have Osama Rashid rotting in Bulgaria.

It's a crime that an idiot like this is in charge of our national team.

He is afraid of every team he faces. Always defensive.

Iraqi players don't know how to defend. Our players are attack minded. That's our style in Iraq. Why the hell don't we play to our strengths?

11. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    i would like to belief you but for so long iraq has not been the same the drop started four five years we did well at khaleeji 22 with hakeem and radhi in 2015 asia cup but look at the numbers of victories we only one few matches i wish belive you and we bring a new coach and we can beat UAE but we cant with younes mahmoud whe could win 1-0 with a uae defender scoring in the goal they have become better and we fall

12. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan

Our problem is not quality. It just isn't.

We lack depth, but not quality in the team.

You find corrupt FAs everywhere in the world. We are not special in this regard. It's common everywhere in the world.

Radhi is a problem and the sooner we realize this the better.

He's the idiot playing cowardly football with no creative players at all.

This is the guy insisting on 30+ year old Alaa Abdul Zahra as a playmaker behind Muhannad. This is the guy playing 2 DMs in an outdated formation, while a talented playmaker like Osama Rashid is thrown aside.

Don't say he needs time with the players. He has had training camp after training camp. and so many friendlies.

Every time he asks for something, the FA gets it for him. He has had an unprecedented amount of support from the FA, and he has shown us nothing but failures.

No national team manager gets his players more than 72 hours ahead of games. That's the nature of the job and he's fortunate that so many of our players are in Iraq so he has a big part of the team ready whenever he wants. Other NT managers don't have that luxury.

12 games now since he was named the coach and he has 1 win against Thailand. He said we'll move away from long balls and ugly football, meanwhile he's playing negative players in midfield with all the players who can play intelligent football outside the team.

We have lots of problems. Radhi is one of them.

Kroosinator, Kurdii110 and iraqifan repped this.
  13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Based on what are we better than UAE? Current record? (0-0-4) FIFA ranking? 70-113?

Can you tell me which of those talents have made a real impact so far? Most of them are struggling at the bench and out of form.

Apart from Husni and Mhawi, all those players are playing abroad.

Lol. So basically you say it's his fault if a players like Saad Natiq plays 80 min at a good level and all of a sudden makes an mistake, which makes us lose the game?

It's undeniable that the coach made a lot of crucial mistake, but this is not the reason of our downfall. It goes further than the coach (because we are in decline for years, under different coaches).

iraqifan repped this.
  14. iraqifan

iraqifan New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Devastated with this match. Bad performance in general and our World Cup hopes (if anyone had any in the first place!) are now over. UAE was pretty much better in every department today.

Would really appreciate if you guys gave my player ratings for this match a read :) And whether you agree with them or not.

Link: http://www.iraqi-football.com/player-ratings

Suren01 repped this.
  15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Couldn't have said it better. Good work bro and keep it up!

iraqifan repped this.
  16. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Based on the quality in our team.

If good players suddenly lose form and start struggling after a managerial change, then it's probably the coach.

Yes, they moved abroad after developing in Iraq.

Lol indeed. It's Radhi's fault that a guy like Natiq is even on the pitch. All the experienced players who should have been guiding this generation were forced out by Radhi and his ego. Salam Shakir should still be in the team.

Kroosinator and Kurdii110 repped this.
  17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We don't have the quality that we used to have in the past. We are lacking at some positions, and it shows.

You've got to be kidding me. Maybe the players are not as good as we thought to be? Maybe they looked better in the Iraqi league and against youth players.

I doubt it had anything to do with the way they were developed. We have no proper league nor youth centres.

Salam Shaker retired before it was announced that Radhi would take over.. And as I said the coach made some mind boggling decisions, but that doesn't justify the fact that the FA is screwing up things badly. They should be held responsible.

18. iraqifan

iraqifan New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Thank you brother! Appreciate your kind words.

19. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Won't bro, when the country works like that how do you expect the FA to change?

20. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Zico

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

21. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I knew Radhi would fk up the formation, I am sick of him tbh always choosing the wrong line up and playing coward tactics . We have Brwa and Osamah , but he would rather play Natiq and now Amjad .

22. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think that our key players have already proven their quality on previous occasions, so I absolutley do no doubt that on talent, we should be at least on par with teams like UAE. Losing to them and KSA and the hopeless performance vs Australia is inexcusable.

Still, in any case, it is what it is, and no amount of arguing will change it.

I definitely agree that the FA is our biggest problem, but I also think that Radhi is proving that he's not the right guy to build our team for the future.

If it was in my hands, I would throw money at Zico and get him back on a long term contract to prepare us for the next asian cup.

Iraq is broken in football and pretty much every other sense. Corruption is extremely difficult to root out when we've had multiple generations of Iraqis growing up in an oppressive dictatorship.

It will take a huge generational change before things get better.

Inshallah we see another big achievement like 2007 in the coming years, but it's very difficult.

Kurdii110 and Iraqipower repped this.
  23. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    No, not on par, we should be better than the Khaleejis. Its a shame how much they have progressed due to money. Zico is the way and will take us to a World Cup.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  24. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    have been to khaleej and maybe you know why they progressed and we stay the same the stadiums for youth teams and training field is state of the art and in the iraq clubs they are years behind

Kurdii110 repped this.
  25. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We certainly have the talent and the quality. We have great expats in Ahmed Yasin, Justin, Osama Rasheed and Brwa Nouri. Not to mention top talent from within Iraq such as Ahmed Ibrahim, Saad Abdulameer, Dhurgham/Ali Adnan, Alaa Mahawi, Mahdi Kamel, Ali Faez, Ali Hosni, Muhannad, Hammadi, Karrar and Humam.

Why not play Ali Faez? He is at least good at taking set pieces, scoring every other foul. Why not play Mahdi Kamel or Karrar as AM, you know someone who actually know how to make a through pass. This one is on Radhi, his team selection has been horrible and his substitutions are just disgusting.

I wanted to see Iraq play short passes and find spaces, like they did in the AFC cup. They almost elminated the long balls and mostly kept the ball on the ground playing modern football. I believed Radhi to be the man to give us such a team but apparently he is not.

Iraqilambo repped this.