Match Day Thread: Saudi Arabia vs Iraq [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    For this game I would like to see an attacking mindset like against Australia (in the second half), but this time our creative players like Yasin and Meram have to start ahead of Adnan and Kalaf.

Even though we are almost eliminated, we have to play for pride.. Saudi Arabia won in an ugly way against us, and screwed us in front of CAS. We have a score to settle with them.

Hopefully another good performance and 3 points..

3. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Is there any truth to this? If so this is extremely disappointing.

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    If this is true it would be a big mistake. Who do we have to play on the left wing? Ali Adnan is not a winger but a leftback (although he did very well against Australia).

5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ali Adnan can easily play there and Ali Husni is also available (who I rate higher than Justin anyways).

Justin is a useful player, but it's not the end of the world.

btw this news was confirmed by Iraqi Pro Players, so it's most likely true.

Biggest miss isn't Justin, It's Brwa and Osama.

Kroosinator repped this.
  6. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Good luck to Iraq in this game.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  7. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems to me like Radhi wants to press hit opponents high up the pitch. If you do that then I can sort of understand the choice of Amjed Kalaf for his pace and work rate. However I think that Humam provides the same pace, higher work rate and in general better player.

Also Osama/Brwa would really be great to have in this game. Amjad Attwan is simply not NT level yet.

8. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only the forwards were pressing , the Australians were passing it in our midfield in front of our defense without any pressure at all ,

9. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's true Ali Husni is the player that seems to able to change the game around with his pace and dribbling the guy has impressed me everytime he has played for the NT . Not according to Radhi though he would rather play Abdul Zahra/Khalaf .

10. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    mathematically are we still in the qualifiers when we win in two day :whistling:

11. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    At the same time, if KSA wins, they are guaranteed to finish ahead of us and so are japan once they get 3 points from Thailand.

Mathematically, we can still finish in second place as long as the following happens:

• We beat KSA
    • Japan beats Thailand
    • UAE draws with Australia
    • We beat Japan
    • Thailand beats UAE
    • Australia draws with KSA
    • We win against Thailand
    • UAE draws with KSA
    • Japan wins against Australia
    • Iraq wins against UAE
    • Japan wins against KSA
    • Thailand vs Australia game won't matter so long as we beat UAE
    Easy lol

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Expected lineup:

[​IMG]

13. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Doesn't look good imo,

Dhurgham has been average for a while, we should have Ali Adnan in his place and Husni starting on the wing. 4-4-2 is an outdated formation which needs quality central midfielders to work since theres only really 2 actual midfielders in it and we don't have the right players for it.

I don't know why he insists on starting Alaa. A 4-3-3 would be much better with Saad - Mehdi Kamil and Attwan in the middle with the attack of Husni, Muhannad and Yasin. Back 4 is ok except replace dhurgham with Ali Adnan.

This is what the team should be training with and practicing, not 4-4-2 which almost no one uses anymore.

14. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alaa...... Radhi has completey freezed Husni out.

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm more worried about Alaa Mhawi. Every chance came from the right side. Walid Salem is much better at defence IMO.

Abdul-Zahra is in good form and can be a good partner upfront with Mohannad. This is a good lineup and I hope we can make something out of this game.

16. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Alaa more , Walid posses me off with his shitty crosses and wild shooting .

17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Alaa is shaky in defence and less experienced than Walid so I would just go with the latter.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  18. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Does anyone know the time of the game in pacific standard time?

19. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    10:30 AM I think

20. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    What happened to Hawbir Mustafa? He was a right-back if I remember correctly.

Also does anyone know why Rebin Asaad isn't getting a call-up? A midfielder playing in the Swedish Premier League (Allsvenskan).

21. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #راضي_شنيشل : لا نخشى الجماهير السعودية و لا نخشى احد، و لدينا تصور كامل عن المنتخب السعودي، سنفرض شخصيتنا داخل الملعب ونسير اللقاء حسب الإيقاع الذي يخدمنا

22. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    any streams with commentating?

23. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    ********ing hamadi piece of shit had a heart attack

24. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wtf this is the worst tactics I have seen Iraq play. Fk off Radhi seriously needs to stop killing this team .

25. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    come on bro give them some credit they had good chances and we were pressuring them on their field. I think it was a well played 1st half other than amjad atwan.

Suren01 repped this.