Match Day Thread: Qatar vs Iraq [2019 AFC Asian Cup] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    [​IMG][​IMG]

QATAR vs IRAQ
    22-01-2019
    20:00 local time

Venue:
    Al Nahyan Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Broadcast:
    BeIN Sports Max
    Al Kass Extra​

2. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    #2 beetleking66, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Everyone are betting that Qatar wins. Yes they are great but their track record is pretty sloppy. They are beatable team. I hope that Iraqi players does not do stupid mistake as they did in Vietnam game. Iranian also said that we are death in this match because we used all of our power in the Iran-Iraq match.. 150% pressing.. Is this true? I mean 6 days sound good for resting and I noticed that Iraqi coach did put Muhanned ali in bench at half time... If remember right.

3. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Iraqi still played way too sloppy in Yemen and Vietnam match. Too many long balls..Bad passing... lack of team synergy... Too many shots from long distances.. Qatar is like 99% team play. They are super organized... Good thing for Iraq is that their defense has been improved drastically from Vietnam match which is great. I dont know what to expect.. This team is new along with coach.. They did not have big preparations which could cost us AFC championship..Katanec does not have good record with AFC cups..

4. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    I tough Ali faez died in Iran match. Great to seem him back.

6. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Atwan starting again ffs, really hope he does something useful.

7. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    He got rewarded in yemen match when he did shot one goal .. lol.

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    This loss is a tough one...

9. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    So we lost Human and Yasin.. and Qatari that scored goal against us was Iraqi player that Iraq national team rejected. Nice!

10. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Jalal is so bad goalkeeper.

Hashim afc repped this.
  11. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    really too bad you played well but his injuries ruined your victory

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Husni and Mhawi got injured too.

Apparently Bassam was invited for the Olympic team but was rejected by the U23 coach.

13. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    4 injured players holy crap.. I did not watch whole game but that is way too much.. Its shame that coach rejected Bassam..

14. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's a lie from his side. By that time he was already capped for Qatar in a competitive match.

Big questions coming out now about the eligibility of Al Rawi & Al Moez Ali.

Both of those players were born outside Qatar, so they'd have to either have lived 5 years after turning 18 in Qatar (neither fits this requirement), or have a parent/granparent be born in Qatar.

Don't know about Al Moez, but Al Rawi's dad is a former Iraqi player who lived his whole career in Iraq. From Qatar's side they say his mother was Qatari, but she would have been born at a time when Qatar was basically a village in the desert. Very questionable.

Either way, it's not like Bassam is a superstar. He's a decent player that's it. The guy doesn't care about Iraq at all, ran to Qatar for their money. Meanwhile you see someone like Justin who could have played for USA, but instead struggled alot so that he can play for his country.

We lost to them purely because we had catastrophic preparations for this game. The team looked a bunch of overweight middle aged men running around. Fitness staff should all be fired.

Hashim afc, Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.