Match Day Thread: Iraq vs UAE [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Our last match in this painful qualification campaign..

Rebin Sulaka will be back for this game. Ali Mabkhout, Khamis Ismail and Mahmoud Khamis are suspended from UAE's side.

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Omar Abdulrahman also out as expected

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Gassid - Ibrahim - Sulaka - Walid - Adnan - Bashar - Abdul Amir - Kamil - Hussein Ali - Ayman - Meram

5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Aymen Hussein is the closest thing we'll get to a Younis Mahmoud replacement. What a header.

Kroosinator and Iraqipower repped this.
  6. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Basically, hes just a little heavy though, Good play leading to the goal.

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    What a goal.. This makes me happy and sad at the same time :( We could've qualified...

8. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We're probably the 2nd best team in this group at the moment to be honest. Saudi just lost to this same UAE team, nearly all their points come from 4 wins against Thailand and Iraq. And Australia could barely beat Thailand over 2 games. It's a shame we wasted such stupid points at the beginning with Radhi. Even the supposed best team Japan wasn't able to beat us. We definitely could have got 3rd at the minimum. Another wasted World Cup qualifying campaign :(

Iraqilambo, Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  9. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Yes im very disappointed with this although happy with the win. We were also unlucky with some of our results due to referee mistakes, but what can we do, its always like that. Just once I'd like to see us qualify, the scenes would be incredible.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  10. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as Radhi was replaced, we are playing better than ever before in the qualifiers and we have now won 2 tricky games in a row in addition to a 1-1 draw with Japan. Basim Qasim may not be a great coach, but it is a good start when logical lineups are being fielded with players in their natural positions.

I said this many times earlier in the qualifiers, we were not playing at our correct level. Even today despite the fact that we completely dominated UAE, we were without Brwa, Ahmed Yasin, Alaa Mahawy and Dhurgham, not to mention Osama Rashid not even called.

If we had a competent coach right from the start and if the FA didn't try to cause problems at every opportunity, I think we could have had a very strong chance to qualify as top 2 from this group.

Australia are so average, Japan is well below normal standards, UAE and KSA are very beatable. But these teams all have vastly better organisation than we do which made the difference in the end.

I feel like the only chance we have to see our team in the world cup will be in 2026 with the Expanded World Cup. Our FA is too useless to help us reach a 32-team WC and there's not much we can do to change this because our pathetic FA is immune from any authority because of FIFA's protection.

Suren01 and Iraqipower repped this.
  11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I have to agree with you Lambo. We talked a lot about it, but today I realized you were right the whole time. Shnaishel completely failed with the team, made errors which costed us games and most importantly the World Cup ticket.

:(

Iraqilambo repped this.
  12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  13. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    biggest bs out there, how the f*** does Saudi Fu***** qualify. They robbed two games because the Fu***** paid off the ref, they probably paid japan a bunch of money as well.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.