Match Day Thread: Iraq vs Saudi Arabia [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Radhi being the best Iraq has to offer means little. All it shows is that the best Iraqi coach is still nowhere near good enough.

The Iraqi FA can afford a good coach, but corruption is the reason why they are seemingly always broke. The Iraqi government puts money into the FA, and it all goes straight into the head FA members' pockets, and the government can't do anything about it or else FIFA will ban us.

I don't blame radhi; this is the best he can do. I blame the FA for their blatant disregard for Iraqi fans and their disgusting greed.

Our players are good. There is no justification for these past performances. I feel bad for the players who give everything on the pitch, and they get no support or backing from the FA.

Iraqipower repped this.
  2. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    whatever bro

3. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Lol don't judge a coach with only a few official games under his belt. Let's wait abit then complain. Yesterday we had a good performance but mistakes were made. Football is all about mistakes. Forget the past two game s and let's move on. With the league starting the players should get into form and let's just hope that we learn from mistakes because from what I've heard Radhi isn't going to get sacked which is an amazing choice to keep a coach for more than a few months.

4. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    :whistling:

5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We'll see what happens.

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's more than just the coach. I'm very very tired after having a bad day, so I can't start complicated discussions but I just want to say that sacking the coach is not going to bring us anywhere.

7. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The thing is, not all foreign coaches are necessarily good coaches, just look at Petrovic for an example of that. Most of the good foreign coaches are not going to want to manage Iraq due to safety issues (remember Jamal Haji?) and if they do want to manage Iraq they will probably want high wages and the IFA will end up not paying them. Realistically, the foreign coaches that are available to us are of a pretty low level and they have much less knowledge about Iraqi football and the Iraqi league than someone like Radhi. Of course, if we could get a good foreign coach like Zico then I would be all for it but that's not realistic. What's more, often with foreign coaches, they don't want to travel to Iraq and watch the league games which leads to the IFA making the squad selection for the coach because they don't know the players well and that always leads to trouble. Is there any particular foreign coach you have in mind that you think would realistically want to manage Iraq and would be a better option that Radhi?

Kurdii110 and irak101 repped this.
  8. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was crying for that change to happen around the 50th -60th minute , Adnan for Alaa then , Adnan LM with Meram AM

Iraqipower and Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  9. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Yes pls for once

10. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sometimes I get confused how come we as unprofessional see the right move to do while the coach does the opposite ? I don't get it .... it must be some hatred or ignorance towards some players , like the game vs australia who In there right state of mind would of kept yaser Kasim on the bench ? Who would of kept Adnan on the bench till the 80th minute wouldn't of made sense to bring him on as supposly he our best player or one of them and he offers good defence/attack to come in when we were 1-0 up ?

Iraqipower repped this.
  11. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would honestly take Viera over any local coach right now. There are lots of other options if the FA are willing to look. Not too long ago, Sven Goran Eriksson said he was ready and willing to coach Iraq. If they are willing to pay and not meddle then the FA can get a good foreign coach.

That's not my point though. What I am saying is that the only way to a world Cup for us is if we have a good foreign coach who has time to build a team. That will never happen though because our FA is corrupt, and the members are greedy control freaks who won't pay a good salary for a good coach and they won't accept a foreign coach who won't let them intervene in his work. We had a golden opportunity with Zico but the FA ran him out of Iraq, and the Zico situation proves my point. We saw immediate results from Zico and we saw the makings of a great team under him, but he left before he could do much for us.

Dream scenario for me would be if Zico returns (which he's said he'd be open to) with Nashat Akram and Harris Mohammed in his staff. This will never happen though.

Iraqipower repped this.
  12. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What do you mean?

13. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The foreign coach can always watch the league games on TV if he can't make it there all the time , or he can send a assistant to report on it , Really for National team you pick the team and then it's all about tactics and subs from there on .

Iraqilambo repped this.
  14. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Let's give time and let's get stability

Suren01 repped this.
  15. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    we are not going to qualify and working on getting a good team together that can one way at least play football or beat saudi arabia, uae, thailand should be what iraq shuld be doing, there are players they need to get a team together at the moment i cannot se a team getting old players noor or younes is just going backwards stick with the olympic players mix with the best league players and players in europe dont tell me it will not be better younes is not better and he was not at the level expected i doubt he would have made a goal or helped the team to beat australia or saudi arabia look at the uae they have quick players and a good attack and a playmaker in amooori and iraq still thinks tey can win with younes

Birdman79 repped this.
  16. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I dont see the hype about amoori , extremely overrated by these khaleeji camels.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  17. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Completely agree. He's nothing special, just marketed like crazy.

Iraqipower repped this.
  18. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    i dont think youve watched amoori play, talented player

19. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Amoori is the real deal and far above anything Asia produces. You're kidding yourselves if you don't think he's good.

irak101 repped this.
  20. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Radhi is one of most honest coaches around, admits he made a mistake by starting Justin and would have changed him but decided not to because of changes in the game

Suren01 repped this.
  21. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What has he done that puts him above the rest of asia? He'd be an average player if he moved to europe. Just in Asia, Japan and South Korea produce players like him all the time.

Personally I think he's not better than Mabkhout, and I also think our own Ali Adnan is ahead of him because Ali has proved himself in Turkey previously (which is a stronger league than UAE) and he's also showing a high standard in a world class league right now.

Omar is good at the asian level, but really, he's nothing special IMO.

Kurdii110 repped this.
  22. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    hes better you dont watch the uae league have a look hes the best player in that league noway is he leaving because he wont take a pay cut he earns more then some top players in europe i think around $4m us a season

23. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    That league is extremely weak, being the best player in that league doesn't prove anything. The fact that he earns $4m a season is just insanely stupid and shows how much these fools overrate him. There is no way he would be anything over average in a top league.

AsanoAram and Iraqilambo repped this.
  24. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Hes not overated he is the best in the uae at the moment and the uae league is not weak compared to other asian leagues if uae is weak than what of iraqs league

25. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    The thing is we don't extremely ovverate anyone from our league. We know its bad. And it shows when players from the league try and perform for the NT

Iraqilambo repped this.