Match Day Thread: Iraq vs Saudi Arabia [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  2. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Actually Saudia gave us a bit of a boost by playing at Malaysia, if we can't win this game then were ending up last, no joke.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

3. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    After the disaster in Australia, hopefully Radhi stops experimenting. KSA is very beatable. We need 3 points here.

Suren01 repped this.
  4. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He's been training with them for 3 months enough ********ing experimenting have you not got a proper team ffs

5. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't like people using the whole 2 months preparation thing against Radhi. Not even one of the players he used during those 2 months (except a few in the Perth Glory game) played yesterday, everyone who played yesterday were either Olympics players or expat players who only joined up with the team recently. The purpose of the 2 months preparation was to try out local league players and give them their debuts and some game time etc, not to prepare the players for these qualifiers. Unfortunately the Olympics came at the wrong time and Radhi wasn't able to prepare them, you can't blame him for that. You can blame him (rightly) for the lineup/subs but at least be fair with the criticism.

Suren01 repped this.
  6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Saudi Arabia is missing their striker and top scorer of the entire WCQ: Mohammad Al-Sahlawi. They are also missing Yasser Al-Shahrani and Mohammed Al-Breik.

In other words, they are missing key players and are very beatable. If we can't win on Tuesday, then we have to be realistic and forget about the World Cup.

Kurdii110 repped this.
  7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Another Saudi key player in defence injured: Abdullah Al-Zori

We should really win this one

8. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    How is it a boost?

9. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good luck. Don't let your emotions control you in this game. Saudi are a dirty bunch and will take advantage of the referee.

10. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    We have to go in the game with the right formation and squad if we do we will take the 3 points

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Muhannad Asiri and Shaya Sharahili are called up as replacements of Mohammed Al-Sahlawi and Mohammed Al-Breik

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I just noticed that Saudi Arabia is playing with their 2007 Asian Cup goalkeeper Yasser Al-Mosailem
    Turned out that their first keeper Waleed Abdullah left the team camp due to the death of his mother (RIP).

Guys, we are facing a depleted team. There are no excuses really. Must win match.

Iraqipower repped this.
  13. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Honestly if we don't win this, end of the line for us in my opinion.

Suren01 repped this.
  14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Due to the lack of seriousness in the training sessions, Yaser Kasim won't play against Saudi Arabia.
    I'm fed up with this guy. This is not the first time that he puts his interest above Iraq. Therefore I think he shouldn't be called up anymore.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  15. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Really? Everytime something happens ffs.

16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's not 100% sure, there is still time left to solve things but it doesn't look good for him and if he refuses to play for Iraq then I'm ok with that. Just call up Osama as his replacement then.

17. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't blame him, our management is shit .

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I hope you mean the FA by that, because it's really unfair to blame the coaching staff now.

19. Birdman79

Birdman79 Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    From what i heard the IFA wanted to punish him because of the Olympic team incident,but rahdi wanted him in the national team.So now they're saying he's not showing interest in the team,training ,etc.

Suren01 and Iraqipower repped this.
  20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't know. This is not the first time we hear of problems between him and the management. I hope it's not true, but if it is then we should just forget him and move on.

21. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Theres more to this story i think also the player has not been in the right state of mind since the summer, he wants a move and that is the why and the rest coming from the fa take with a pinch of salt, they said ali abbas could not play because he registered as an australian player with the afc and korean fa (totally false) and now this with yaser you need to hear what radhi says because whatever the fa says always turns out to be false, my opinon is that he was not right match fitness and state of mind and that is why radhi did not start him (he only cares if a player is fit and ready not who the player is)

Iraqipower and Kurdii110 repped this.
  22. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think that we should wait until all the facts are clear before judging Yaser. Having said that, this is the last straw. If it's true that he did create another problem then he should be banned from ever playing with the national team.

Suren01 repped this.
  23. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    [​IMG]

This is the kit we are wearing on Tuesday. I'm actually so bored of this kit, we have had it for so long now. Surely Jako have some new designs they can give us.

Suren01 repped this.
  24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm already getting excited for this match. A win will get Iraq back in track, a draw or loss would be a disaster.

If we won't do it now, we'll never do.

Iraqipower and Birdman79 repped this.
  25. Birdman79

Birdman79 Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yup me too.I can't stand the Saudis ,and i want to see what adjustments rahdi is going to make.Hopefully he comes to his senses and let the players play in their ACTUAL POSITIONS...

A must win.

Iraqipower repped this.