Pre-match: Match day 7 - FC Bayern München - Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by EmersonRW, Oct 15, 2016.

1. pikuchan

pikuchan Member+

Jul 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welp, at least we're still on top of the table. I sure hope for a better showing against PSV in CL though.

2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just a hypothetical... if we continue on this sluggish path in ALL our games does CA get the axe at winter break?

Or would it take an epic collapse of 4th in the BL and out of the CL KO rounds?

I just don't understand how we have been so sloppy and sluggish for the last 10 games? Maybe

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really think we should get back to 4-2-3-1 with muller in the 10 slot and the mids rotate.

Thiago can rotate with muller.

Let our wings and fullbacks create mismatches and open space. Let muller terrorize that open space in between. Let lewa be on the end of every final pass and cross.

4. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why don't we just base our offense around getting Robben & Kimmich the ball? Nobody else can score. Pretty pathetic from Mueller, Coman & Alaba.

5. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The team has been pathetic and the coach as well.

I hate to say it but at this current trend I will wish pep back :rolleyes:

6. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The same Pep who has failed to win in his last 2 games :rolleyes:

7. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Muller has to be bench player now. He has scored 0 so far this season despite so many games.

Sanchez finally had a good game, I was really really impressed. Kimmich was okay, scored again. Thiago was good, Vidal is peaking, scored 2 goals for Chile

We should be okay. But Carlo needs to change his tactics. And Lahm is not the Lahm 2-3 years ago. In the next 2 years, we need 2 WC Wingers, 1 WC CM & 1 WC RB & we need to spend big. Otherwise we won't see a CHL Semis for the next 5-6 years, this squad is not good enough.

You can't win the CHL with Lewa & Muller.

My main problem is the brand of football & the horrible subs. Carlo is also way too conservative IMO. We also should have brought a replacement for Goetze! I hope in the winter we buy a RW/LW/CAM type all-round attacker & get a WC CM to replace Alonso in the summer. We need 2 big buys & Robbery will be good for another season till 2018 when we need to replace Robbery & Lahm!

8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So far we've a worse stretch then at any time under pep...and there was plenty to hate about pep stuff

9. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Philip Lahm is done as a footballer and David Alaba is done as a left back...

10. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yah that must be it....

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that was pathetic especially given that we were up 2-1 against a 10 man team that isn't one of the top teams of the league.....

Bayern has been going downhill since Jupp left the team and the way we are playing unless we got our shit together we don't deserve to win the league.

Dhajj repped this.
  12. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thought that was Starke too

Credit to Carlo for getting in there and pushing his players/staff away so they kept their class and did not get sent off in an important match.

Always overreactions by fans of any team. Bayern still should win the league. Dortmund haven't been convincing enough. This team is struggling with injuries a bit. Lewa, Ribery, Costa, Vidal, all were missing (or unable to start)

13. bakaten

bakaten New Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Chill out guys. :)
    The way I see it, CA is just still trying to find a right and balance mix for the squad.
    At least he is giving some younger players chances to start.
    Coman is still struggling with fitness I guess, but in time should be ok.
    Sanchez (though some occasional sloppy defending) show some promising ball retention, positioning and passing. I noticed he is often in a good place to receive the ball but don't get noticed by the others.

14. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    It seems our build up play now is too direct, too predictable. On goal.com, CA said that he might have to change something.

15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #40 Dhajj, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Back to 4-1-4-1 with Kimmich as the 6?

Maybe

Neuer
    Lahm Hummels Boateng Alaba
    Kimmich
    Robben Vidal Thiago Ribery(Coman, muller, Costa)
    Lewandowski

Kimmich Vidal Thiago could be our best mid trio

Alonso just too slow, would rather use him in strict rotational role. Sanches is very young and will time to develop

16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my opinion we need to buy a backup cb and play Martinez from the start in midfield.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PaoloFCB and dips82 repped this.
  17. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Back to a 4-2-3-1 jupp style?

I'm not sure a lot of people like that idea because we are forced to sit A Vidal/Thiago/Kimmich in sacrifice for that DM steel

18. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can still play 4-3-3 with Martinez. Just drop Alonso and replace him with Martinez. Boateng and Hummels provide plenty of accurate long passes.

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting but I want Alonso gone in place of a Kimmich. I like our trio to be the ones I mentioned earlier

20. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you be more over dramatic? Bayern won the CL with Muller and a much worse striker than Lewandowski whose only great trait was running a lot. How do you even come to such a conclusion that these two cannot help Bayern offensively, when they were scoring at a ruthless rate literally one season ago. It also doesn't matter how many times you constantly try to shit on Boatang, you're wrong. 100% wrong. And you were wrong the 4 instances you shat on him last season when he had 4 bad games, since you seem to prop up "see how bad he is" all the few minor times that he actually has bad games in an entire season. You were convinced he was not that great during his first season as a CB here where he needed a lot of growing up to do and have went with that narrative ever since as if he's the same player. It's pathetic and cringe worthy.

Muller just doesn't work as a RW so Carlo either needs to add another formation for Bayern where Muller plays behind Lewandowski in which both players play better, or basically misuse Muller for the next 3 years.

As for Carlo.. he was at fault two games running now, easily. His awful subsitutions allowed a team like Frankfurt to come back from 2-1 down and tie it up with one less player. Instead of putting on Ribs, he did what good old Heynckes used to do and went defensive. :D This may work in the CL, but it's generally not the best suited for league play. Saying that, he needs time to adjust and the team form will matter in a few months, not now. Saying that, his coaching has been awful the last two weeks.

Jolly Rancha and Raumdeuter repped this.
  21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with a lot of your post, but this team has looked awful, out of sync and disjointed for the last 6+ games now..

Even the games we barely won could've easily gone the other way and we would be looking at a completely different looking table in the BL.

Something is just not right with our club right now and if we drop more points this weds and Saturday then it might be time to make some serious changes before it's too late

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.bayerncentral.com/2016/10/frankfurt-2-2-bundesliga16-hinrunde-player-ratings/

http://www.bayerncentral.com/2016/10/frankfurt-score-bundesliga16-hinrunde-tactical-analysis/

Tactical analysis: Bayern’s and Hummels’ defensive lapses at Frankfurt
    15 OCTOBER 2016, 20:36 BY MICHEL MUNGER
    Often bailed out by Jérôme Boateng, FC Bayern’s back line had a poor game at Frankfurt on Saturday. Mats Hummels was the main culprit on the day.

23. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welcome to the world of Mats. He brings a great deal going forward, and has perhaps the nicest aussenrist of anyone in the world right now..... but he too often finds himself out of position and can be a bit of a space cadet at times. I think being alongside Boateng (the best CB in the world imho) and Alaba will shelter him a lot, but he will likely drive you nuts during periods of the season.

His biggest defensive asset is his reading of the game and ability to break things apart higher up the pitch.... but the downside of that is he can very easily get caught out of position high up the pitch trying to accomplish that and he doesn't have the wheels to get back. To me it makes very little sense to play him at the same time as playing Alonso.

Raumdeuter, Dave46 and Dhajj repped this.
  24. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this team has become so uncomfortable without the ball(under Pep) so that every time the other team is in our own half i fear they will create something, before that under Heynckes we had possession but without the ball we were so strong defensively. CA should definitely try to play a good defensive midfielder one CM and a more attacking one as AM instead of this 4-3-3. Other bad thing is under Pep our midfielder were so high so we ended up getting countered but now our midfield trio is so low that the other teams gets in our own half without problems, we need to know when to press and when to stand back. It looks like we went from crazy pressing to no pressing at all

25. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    We have a lot of injuries. The season is long, you may not win the league after all.