Match #21 - Honduras vs Guadeloupe (pbp/discussion) [R]

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by scaryice, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Learned? Are you kidding me? Honduras never learns anything. This kind of crap has been happening for the last 25 years. It's nothing new for us.

It's just disappointment after disappointment every year and the sad thing is that will keep happening until Callejas dies or something. Too bad some one like will will come and the cycle wills start once again.

2. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

You really think Haiti out of all teams is gonna beat honduras in the WCQ? I rather see Honduras loose to T &T or Jamaica than to a bunch fisherman and farmboys. Seriously you win a few friendlies and now you think Haiti is gonna go to the top, what has Haiti done in the past ten years besides the Digicel and friendly matches.... nothing! Haiti could probably beat Honduras in a non-FIFA date friendly where local league players and U-20 players get called up. But when the WCQ starts or any Major tournament event i can guarantee you that Haiti will be the one in the loosing end. Even if Haiti makes it to the HEX do you think that they can beat Mexico or USA? Chances are that Haiti will be the punching bag or the Hex , the team that gives away points.Speaking of catraste.... didnt the dominicans use to do that to Haitians?:rolleyes:

3. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Seriously why do Haitians think they are a better team than Honduras? What have they done that so impressive besides winning the DIGICEL?

4. Texian Soldier

Texian Soldier New Member

May 3, 2007

More like when Ferrari and Hawit die. The federation typically tends to suck more whenever an Olimpista in charge. All they know is hire a foreign coach then fire him to put in that old senile bastard Chelato in charge.

5. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Noooo I'm happy that Haiti lost. HAHAHA. Of course i'm mad my team lost. What's wrong with you lol

6. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Nobody thinks Haiti is better than Honduras...but before you ask us what Haiti has won...answer my initial question..what has Honduras won??

7. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Honduras is a threat but not a serious threat cause they always choke when thinks really count.

8. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Winning the Digicel Cup only is a big achievement by itself.We are Champions of the Carribean and beat 3-1 in semifinals Guadeloupe that just kick your team out.

Yeah winning the Digicel Cup counts because except CostaRica in Central America, i don't see any of the other countries(Guatemala, Honduras, Salvador, Belize, Nicaragua, Panama etc....) beating the best Digicel Carribean countries like Haiti ,Trinidad, Cuba, Jamaica, Guadeloupe, Martinique etc... even Barbados or Surinam
    Otherwise the level of Digicel Carribean Cup is higher than Uncaf and some Uncaf countries if they were located in the Carribean would not even pass the preliminary round for Gold Cup or WC preliminary.

9. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    If only Haiti instead of falling in this death group for the Gold Cup was in the group of USA Guatemala Salvador , we would have been in semifinals today like Guadeloupe.

10. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, did you really just rank Barbados over Honduras? :confused:

11. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Not really but a full Barbados squad with their British based player at home is a very dangerous team. So in a good day..... you never know. they beat Costa Rica some years ago..... and Guatemala couldn't beat them either a few months ago. So...... Who predicted what Guadeloupe is doing today?

and i still remember when they tied us last week, it was funny for everybody.
    I must give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar. Honduras for me it's the nicest team in Concacaf but they are not lucky. It's always a pleasure for me to watch them play. Very nice team, very good individual players but no luck.

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Honduras has no luck whatsoever, they should go to church more often :D

13. soukougnan

soukougnan New Member

Jun 17, 2007

l'équipe de la guadeloupe qu'Haiti a battu pendant la digicel cup n'est pas vraiment la même que celle qui joue en ce moment la gold cup.

sorry but my english is very bad!:p :D

14. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Unless you claim that Haiti would have won this group, you are probably wrong. Even if you would have finished in 2nd place, you would have had to play Canada which beat Haiti in the Gold Cup. BTW, I'm not sure that Haiti in the form they played could have finished 2nd in this group.

15. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    We have beat the best and we have been beaten by the best, we been In Copa America, Carlsberg Cup, not to mention the Kirin Cup in Japan. We have beaten the Best in the CONCACAF and we have Beaten Brazil in a major tournament (Copa America 2001)..... We have achievied things that most of Concacaf hasnt...

16. ottoevans

ottoevans Member

Apr 7, 2007
    I am real happy with our performance in this tournament. I think we saw great things. I hate the fact of how the Honduras press keeps bashing the team.

1. Yes we should have won that game easly, but what i saw after the two goals really fillled me up with pride. First i saw a team who didnt get discouraged and kept fighting till the end. A Honduras of old would have just quit and strart fighting, but we kept our cool and keeped marching on.

2. This is the 1st time THAT team played together for a period of time. Friendlies are good but its not the same practicing for a few days, playing a game and going on their separate ways.

3. PLayers like Garcia, Figeroa, Izaguirre, Costly, Alvarez truely showed we have a potential for great things.

4. Finally we should whos Mexico's daddy at least if its only for this year lol

what is the next potential tournament we can play in???( HOnduras i mean)

17. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    2010 World Cup qualifiers. I hope we get a easier draw this time. Last times was just brutal.

18. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not making the finals would be a huge disappointment for Honduras, and frankly a blow to the competitiveness of the hex.

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    seriously

20. Gwada United

Gwada United New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Miami
    Hmmm, Guess what ? We should have getting it in the 60's just like most of the Carribean islands. It didn't happened then and blood was shed ... However we've been pushing for a status similar to the one Puerto Rico has (since it should be a step by step thing), which would allow our athletes (and believe me, we're not talking just Football here) to represent Guadeloupe to the fullest, and this would be an economic blessing too. Imagine this team made of just players from the local league and we don't even have the discussion we're having right now. This "ride" how you call it is more frustrating than anything because once again it shows that with our very best own players we can compete and that's all that matters!

3 NBA players are from Guadeloupe. Only 6 countries worldwide can say they have more than us! For an island of 500 000 people that's more than an achievement ...But still sooooooo frustrating because when it all said and done they're known as French!

21. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    All that is very good and I mean it...but you have never won anything. Before you start thinking about being top 3 in Concacaf, you have to start at least winning your regional tournaments, something you haven't done since 1995.

22. ottoevans

ottoevans Member

Apr 7, 2007
    wait, im sorry are we comparing Haiti with Honduras now???lol Haitis highest ranking was 72 in the world right?? Haiti's average is 104 according to Fifa and Honduras has been 52.

I dont understand, whats the argument?

23. ottoevans

ottoevans Member

Apr 7, 2007
    The World Cup Quilifiers start next summer already. That is if they start the same time as last years Qualifiers

24. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    1st....everyone knows that Fifa rankings mean nothing. Second, if you have read all the messages regarding this discussion you would see that I never compare Honduras to Haiti....All I said is that Honduras never won anything recently. Am I wrong or am I right?

25. ottoevans

ottoevans Member

Apr 7, 2007
    OK, i didnt read the other messages u said, sorry. Yeah Honduras hasnt won anything recently, ur right