Massive props to Vincent Kompany

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by JeremyEritrea, Jul 2, 2014.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scores with his left!
    He scores with his right!
    That Clint Dempsey sure leads the U.S.A. in a fight!!!

LouisianaViking07/09 and billf repped this.
  2. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Don't really have a team in the top 4. Everton (due to watching Howard and Donovan there) if anyone in the EPL. Probably part of why I like Lukaku.
    Just hate Chelsea and Man City.

3. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were clearly superior. We did outplay them by a lot the last 15 minutes. Of course we were down by 2 at the time and they were completely exhausted.
    As others have said Belgium aren't cocky. Their fans aren't either. They're just a young and exciting team to watch.
    Belgium was my dark horse for this tournament before they became everyone's not so secret dark horse. I tried to forget about that since I saw that our group was paired up with theirs in the draw. But I think they're my team from here on out. Definitely rather have them than anyone else in their side of the bracket, although I wouldn't mind seeing CR claim another win for CONCACAF.

4. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seemed to me your group stage matches were about inferior teams bunkering and hoping for a miracle, so yeah you guys were not going to look good in those situations and so of course the trolling English press set about baiting.

I am glad we did not bunker. Yes, it looked like we were on defense all of the time for sure; but it was not from bunkering, it was losing the ball as we are wont to do and then chasing back for Belgium attacks. That match showed how wicked dangerous you guys are in open play, Timmy Howard c%#k blocking you notwithstanding. I think you guys shred Argentina.

To stick with the thread title, I would take Kompany on my team every day of the week and twice on Sunday. He has always been the only thing I like about Man City.