News: MASL New Logo

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by HBG-Heat, Jul 9, 2014.

?

How does it Compare?

1. Hate it

66.7%
  2. Love It

33.3%
  1. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It definitely is green, now that I'm looking at it with lights on in the background. Before, I was looking on my tablet in the dark and I did not know what I was seeing. The fact that there is not much contrast in the colors itself makes it harder than normal to differentiate the green from the blue.

Interested to know how much was spent on that logo, considering you can host "logo contests" online for less than $250 and have people all over the world competing to make the best one. If I had to use one word to describe this one, it's "ghetto."
    image.jpg
    I'd venture to say every logo above is "better" than the current MASL logo, or at least more importantly, more "functional."

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I'll agree with that, while noting the MISL2 logo with the superfluous four stars and the NPSL logos were colossally bad.

3. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you didn't know, that is the OLD NHL logo. Subtle differences. The current logo is silver-tone instead of gold-tone. (They said, "Silver is color of the Stanley Cup") and the NHL lettering goes bottom-left to top-right.

4. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then I guess you didn't like the MLS logo; or have they gone to black-and-white now?

KCWIZFLAG repped this.
  5. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NFL logo is also out of date. Even slighter differences than the NHL logo.

6. KCWIZFLAG

KCWIZFLAG Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Gladstone, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put that I liked the logo, not necessarily because I am awed by it, but just because they at least did something. Hopefully they can tweak it and change things up and make it a bit better before the season gets going. Just as an example, below I am putting links to some MLS logos from 1996 to current to show how the logo can change over time without losing the original concept:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ALCKQ4oPR...JrLmHzzD88/s1600/major_league_soccer_logo.gif

2006 - Season 10 Logo
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iUVSMmZXU...GtzKzAGig/s1600/major_league_soccer_logo3.jpg

Current Logo (They also use a black and white version as well)
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mgmWTgqXR...PT8DRR4is/s1600/major_league_soccer_logo2.jpg

I think looking the current MLS logo, when it was changed to this a few years back, they made it a little 3D so that it stood out a bit better. Would be interesting to see if they took the MASL logo and added some depth to it what it would look like. I am by no means a graphic artist so I don't know how to mockup something like that. The ball needs some definition as well as the player. Then have the inner circle stand up(3D) from the red circle and you might have something.