News: MASL New Logo

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by HBG-Heat, Jul 9, 2014.

?

How does it Compare?

1. Hate it

66.7%
  2. Love It

33.3%
  1. HBG-Heat

HBG-Heat Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Harrisburg Area
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the New Logo:
    [​IMG]

How does it compare?
    [​IMG]

2. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    To be honest I do not love it, but I do not hate it either. So the poll needs a 3rd "Meh" option

Kit and Joey Tee repped this.
  3. WPSL

WPSL Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like a High School art project. Very bad!

4. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely Amateur ! I've seen better from youth teams.

5. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which logo looks Professional and which looks Amateur??

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

6. Quayle

Quayle Member

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    I like the PASL one better and the MASL's is decent.

7. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
  8. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is embarrassing.

9. jay melquiades

May 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    ok fine the league has a logo...so wheres the website coming and is it masl.com or masl.net where is it???

10. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    Stole this from Sydney to help put the logo in perspective ....

[​IMG]

11. Mkewavefan10

Mkewavefan10 Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really a fan of the blue and green together...

12. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe its an homage to the oldest continuing soccer franchise in the country?

[​IMG]

13. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    GOALSeattle repped this.
  15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSinCleveland and GOALSeattle repped this.
  16. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    agreed. Simple, basic, easy to put on a field and dashers and such.

GOALSeattle repped this.
  17. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I liked the new MASL logo. Until DCUnited put it beside the PASL Pro logo. That knocked it down for me.

dcunitedTV repped this.
  18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand why they did not keep the PASL logo and Remove the PASL and Pro from it and add MASL ISSUE solved , if that was the best logo I would love to have seen the others .

19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't understand why they changed the name at all.

Pete. and EnricoSharke repped this.
  20. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just a thought............................Going wwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy back to the Marcom Study that the NPSL commissioned and paid for, one of the major bullet points was the name NPSL was a 'net detractor'. Meaning, it had no 'name value' that people recognized and (worse) it was actually a negative. The wording is lost on me, but the paraphrased version indicated that if a league had to announce they were "Professional" in the title, it was counter productive. It eluded that it was a small time league having to prove they were professional.

This report strongly recommended the changing of a name to find something with recognition (ie MISL) and also drop the 'professional' which did more harm than good. You wanted to sound Major League, not Minor League shouting Professional.

While I know the report is hopelessly out of date, there are some thoughts that will stay in the minds per chance. Maybe the term Professional in PASL seemed like they were trying too hard.

None of the MISL teams have touched that designation of Professional, over the years in various forms.
    MISL
    NISL
    XSL
    MASL

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Those leagues also thought they were too big for their britches and folded in less time than the PASL has been around.

22. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colors are terrible... Are they trying to get Southwest Airlines as a league partner to cut down on travel costs? Lol

In all serious though, forgetting about the aesthetics of the logo itself, here is what is wrong with the logo when it comes to FUNCTIONALITY, which is more important than aesthetics in my book:
    1) The text - think about when you are shrinking the logo to put on the sleeves of a jersey, or (even smaller) in a media book.. you won't be able to read that text at all! My suggestion: get rid of both lines of text, and then create an arching text that goes around the circle with the league name in a big font size, maybe stencil font or a bold one.
    2) the colors - you usually want to combine a "warm color" with a "cool color" (color theory). In this case, blue and dark brown are both "cool colors." And where did brown come from to begin with?

It amazes me how leagues and teams in the 90s and early 2000s had better logos than this and this is when computers/internet were just starting to become a household good!

23. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion, I believe they chose these colours to satisfy both the US and Mexican teams. Instead of using the standard red/white/blue colours within the logo, they needed to use colours that were unique and common to both of the nation's flags--blue (US), white (US and Mexico), and green (Mexico). So why didn't they throw in a little red somewhere to give it a little life (also a common colour)? And yes, the MASL text is tiny (like an afterthought). A silhouette of a player splitting the center of the logo, separating the colours? We have only seen this type of logo with ALL the other pro leagues around, including the MISL, who the MASL was supposed to surpass! That said, not a very imaginative logo.

24. wlamar3

wlamar3 Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Harrisburg
    I lifted this from the Heat Facebook page that someone posted. It appears that little guy on on the logo really gets around.
    [​IMG]

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I would love to lol along with you if this made any sense.

Yes, where DID brown come from since the logo is blue, green, red, and white.