Marvel Studios

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by General Disarray, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    sitruc repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    ^THIS. The Russo and also Pilgrim. Just lackluster. And that damn therapist.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    There was something that slightly reminded me of "To Live and Die in L.A." about the latest released "Captain Marvel" clip.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

I don't believe that Disney is just throwing all of this stuff away. Some of these shows will end up moving to their own streaming platform, if you ask me.

5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope so. Daredevil deserves more seasons.

Belgian guy repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joeph Loeb has already hinted as much...

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-...elevision-fans-from-jeph-loeb?linkId=63749654

Belgian guy repped this.
  7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The splintering of the streaming services really sucks from a consumer point of view. We are moving towards a situation where you'll need like six different subscriptions to get ninety percent of the stuff out there.

Mach1, Dr.Phil and sitruc repped this.
  8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    JJ should be available in March or April. After CM but before Endgame

Really sucks. I want a season 3 of LC and at least a miniseries to wrap up the IF storyline and then a Heroes for Hire. Heck, tie Jessica into it.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    MCU finally has a couple golden statues. Costume and production design.

Ruth Carter
    Hannah Beachler

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Ludwig Goransson wins best score for Black Panther.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Way to go Viking

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    1104771258061856768 is not a valid tweet id

Looks like the Incel boys boycott of this film is going really well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Has anyone here seen it already?

Dante, luftmensch, chaski and 1 other person repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I saw it yesterday morning because I'm cheap. It filled its role as introducing a character. It is another movie where the hero finds their identity versus the hero balances identities. They lean into the 90s and Memento more than the character being a woman. I didn't pay too much attention to trailers. It's understandable why they were underwhelming though. Marvel has a template that works for the characters. It is hard to make that work for this style of movie though.

I was surprised that I wasn't distracted by de-aging Samuel Jackson. That was pretty impressive unlike Justice League and FatAffleck and Superman's mustache.

Belgian guy repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    7.5 out of 10. I gave BP 8.5. Only Winter Soldier and Infinity War were worthy of 9.5 out of 10

I feel Endgame will truly deserve the 10/10

A lot of comedic tones in this one. I really enjoyed Larson, but she wasn't a standout. But I feel the sequels she will be.

Belgian guy repped this.
  15. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, saw it Friday night. Far from the best Marvel movie but far from the worst, and thoroughly enjoyable overall. Was legitimately surprised at how the plot unfolded (though in hindsight I probably shouldn't have been), Brie Larson was better than expected in the title role, and the feminist message was generally subtle but very present. There were definitely a few scenes with questionable writing or on-the-nose musical choices, but nothing that bothered me overmuch.

16. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they did as well as they could with the trailers without revealing more of the movie than would have been prudent considering the plot twists.

LouisianaViking07/09 and sitruc repped this.
  17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I had the same reaction. I think this was because of the trailers. I agree completely with why the trailers couldn't be better.

luftmensch and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it Saturday, I really, really liked it. Unlike some on the internet, I wasn't offended by a strong female lead. Unlike a particular review which had to have an "update", I was also not offended that Fury was seen washing dishes.

I was surprised by the twist with the Skrulls and actually enjoyed that aspect. I'm also very happy that they didn't shy away from her cowl and mohawk. The mid-credit seen was a pleasant surprise.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I was so happy to see Rhodey again.

And that mohawk was Amazing.

sitruc repped this.
  20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm afraid to ask what dark part of the Internets you had to visit to even see those things in reviews. :eek:

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twitter...

A bunch of people I follow have been exposing this ComicGate crowd and their reviews. There was an actual review at cosmicsbooknews.com or something like that where they actually put in "Update: Nick Fury … is shown washing dishes."

sitruc repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I've seen that site before. It's a bad rumor site that will pick up any tweet or mention in a podcast, article or interview and make a big thing out of nothing. It has definitely taken an even more disturbing turn to the alt-right more recently. At first it may have been for clicks, but once people start going down that path, they start believing the shit they write.

23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I loved the fact that they included this. You had guests doing the dishes. That rarely is shown on cinema especially when 1 is a cosmic god :eek:

luftmensch and sitruc repped this.
  24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Do you guys think this will hit 1 billion? I feel it might settle around 950 or so. Like it will come really close.

I'm happy for the huge opening weekend. All I knew of CM was Rogue (on the X-Men show from the 90's) getting her powers from her.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it could come close. It's already made about $455 million internationally.

sitruc repped this.