Marsch Out!!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Deadtigers, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Like the guy but two very poor playoff performances. And this year was worse than last year

2. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is a part of me that agrees. HOWEVER, I am not sure it is all on him. While the balance on the roster of youth and veteran presence has been something of a revelation, the lack of true game winners is apparent.

I am not sure of the pseudo double-6 with Dax and Felipe. Rant away, but it takes away from potentially having a little more quality going forward.

The Veron experiment was fun and held some promise, but there is a certain extra something missing.

I love Royer. Keep him. Damari? What was the purpose of bringing him over, since we hardly used him?

I am not letting JM off the hook, but how the side was built it a very big part of the unfortunate equation.

3. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Could not disagree with this more. Without Marsch, I don't think this team is even playoff caliber the past two years. On paper we don't have a lot of individual talent, yet Marsch has taken them to the top of the Eastern conference two years running.

The playoff loses suck, but even those aren't 100% on Marsch. The early goal threw last year's series out of whack, and this year our two MVP candidates let the team down by failing to put away simple chances.

Olo2317 and goindownsouth repped this.
  4. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    So Metro.

Fevernova99 repped this.
  5. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I don't think this year's playoffs has been worse, maybe more disappointing because we had 2-3 moments where the tie could have changed. Really just came down to that PK, if that went in, we had the rest of the half to pressure them and may not have taken the same risks in the 2nd half.

JM is a good coach for what our leadership wants for this team: build with young and hungry players, mix in a few veterans and foreigners and have a good MLS season. The top 3 MLS teams this season (FC Dallas, RBNY and Rapids) have been built this way and more teams will follow this approach. Four months of MLS regular season with only 1 loss is extremely impressive, especially since it was done after the slow start and without buying an impact player.

6. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Second verse, same as the first.

7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You have to trust Curtis but I assume, Woly is doing a very good job with RB2 and maybe Woly is there for more seasoning. I didn't even know Armas was an assistant coach. Not to sure about him as a head coach, tbh.

8. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Woly may actually be in the unfortunate position of being too good at his job, typecast if you will. I've long thought he would need to move elsewhere for an MLS opportunity. He's part of the old guard at the club (along with Montgomery), appreciated but perhaps also taken for granted. The good news is that constant expansion creates more opportunities for young coaches every year. Another stellar year with the 2nd team should stand him in good stead when it comes to vacancies.

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls