Marriage

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by Toon³, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought about several of the comments people made about the notion of "I can't imagine being here with anyone else." I was laying in bed next to my sleeping wife (we hit 16 years of marriage in June). There was the first place I can't imagine being with anyone else: asleep in bed, any time. But the other times I feel that way are more "moments" or "experiences" than places. For example, I love Cedar Breaks National Monument in southern Utah. Been there camping with my folks and brother, with my buddies a couple of times, and with my wife a couple of times as well. We visited with our daughters a couple of years ago, and I took come people I didn't know well to see it when we were attending a conference at nearby Cedar City once. So, clearly, I can imagine being there with someone besides my wife. But once when we were camping there we sat out on the breaks and watched a summer sunset - over the cliffs it is really stunning - and then we walked east into a meadow and watched a stunning full moon rise. Between the sunset and the moonrise, we saw some neat shooting stars. No way can I imagine that with anyone but her - a moment/experience that had to be shared with her to really mean all it could.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I have. But then, a lot of my relationships prior to meeting my wife were pretty crappy in comparison, so that might have something to do with my assesment of my current relationship.