Marlos Moreno - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by MiLo4891, Mar 9, 2016.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    This could also be down to his role within the team, they may be instructing him to hug the touch line staying high and wide, which would make sense that usually when he gets the ball he's isolated and more likely to dribble to get in behind the defense. Either way him getting a nice consistent run of games is the most important thing, he needs touches and he needs to get on the ball, dribblers need to feel confidence and the support of their team to go out there and take risks. His age combined with his playing style lead to a necessity to have a strong mentality, you need to be able to go out be willing to fail on the ball, dribbles not work etc and keep your confidence and stick to who you are as a player and what you are in the team for. Why him getting comfortable with a coach who trusts him for an extended period of time is the most important thing, give him a platform to not be afraid to fail and hopefully get back on track.

Azucarero repped this.
  2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian repped this.
  5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1027365825836208128 is not a valid tweet id

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Marlos started as Flamengo got eliminated from Libertdores last night.

Marlos was not good. Flamengo in general was poor, but Marlos was especially ineffective.

It's frustrating, unlike other promising kids who fizzle out into obscurity, Marlos continually gets chances to play in every club he's at (excluding Girona). And he mainly just plays poorly. Like he trips over himself, he loses the ball the half the time he gets it, and, worst of all, he gets about 1/3 of the touches on the ball that his teammates do.

It looked like he was starting to wake up this month, but I'm starting to think those performances are mainly fluky for him...

Doogs, J-Mezzy and jay luis repped this.
  7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a shame, im sure Nacional would love to have him back. Well any team in Colombia.

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I wonder if he was strictly just a beneficiary of the Nacional/Rueda effect. Berrio comes to mind...

I don't see him leaving Flamengo anytime soon tho. The coach still likes him at this point.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Berrio's been injured quite a lot lately. He was definitely improved by Rueda, he's been mostly average in Brazil but he would do ok-ish once in a while. Now he's just always injured

don't know what to make of Marlos, the guy tries but nothing works. Its a shame.

10. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    player that was inflated by the paisa press

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I disagree. We all saw what he wss worth in our league title and most of all during the whole Libertadores campaign. And that's not easy to do. He played very well when Pekerman gave him the chance. The problem for me and I said it back than, that he left Nacional too soon. Same happened with Ibarbo. Both of them should've stayed at least another full year with us before leaving to Europe. As for Marlos, I still have faith in him.

Doogs, HomietheClown, Azucarero and 3 others repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cualquier que haya visto el nivel de marlos en libertadores especialmente hasta cuartps de final ...sabe que su nivel era una cosa de locos, un jugador completiismo que estaba confirmando su gran tprneo en 2015

Prensa de todo el continente le daba elogios, no solo la paisa.

y casi como todos nuestros goles para esta eliminatoria...si no es por marlos y su asistencia perfecta en la paz al ultimo minuto no nos daba para ir al mundial.

Doogs, Azucarero, jay luis and 3 others repped this.
  13. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    su momento en nacional fue bueno pero la prensa paisa y su empresario lo tiraron a un futbol mucho mas exigente como el Espanol y simplemente no se le dio.

Ya paso por muchos equipos y como que en Brasil no va a dar tampoco

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo creo que fue una combinacion de muchos factores: Nacional tenia un gran equipo en el que era mas facil brillar, la libertadores fue ese año mas bien discreta y cogio a Nacional enchufado, y Marlos se encontro en su mejor forma en el momento ideal. El city lo compro sabiendo que habia potencial, pero que lo hayan prestado indica que tambien sabian que les faltaba madurar.

A partir de ahi, hay muchos intangibles, y dada la edad del pelao, pues muchas cosas pueden pasar: Que pasa si el tecnico de verdad no lo quiere, que pasa si al jugador le cuesta adaptarse, lesiones, presiones sobre el equipo, etc, etc. Yo creo que el talento sigue ahi, pero no siempre la carrera de un jugador va a ser una curva ascendente, muchos tienen altas y bajas y encuentran su mejor forma despues de varios fracasos.

Azucarero and jay luis repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Turns 22 in sept

I still have hope for him and Borre. As well as Perciado if he ever leaves china

People are still waiting on Muriel and Duvan who are 5 years older. And Quintero

Like as long as he turns it on before the summer of 2022 or winter if rumors are true

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Duvan and Muriel can easily be our main duo for 2022. Age is not the problem. Their form should increase significantly in order to be there.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea but their numbers are bad at 27 it’s now or never. I have more hope in Duvan then Muriel thi

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't argue with you regarding their form. Of course they must improve. But you mentioned the age factor and that is less important.

jay luis and pepinointer repped this.
  19. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need youth up front.
    I thought that Falcao's World Cup was weak and we lacked someone with power and speed like Duvan

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao by himself up top doesn’t work. People hated every coach before Pekerman because Falcao was garbage under them but let’s tbe whole Falcao as a loan striker just doesn’t work thing go

pepinointer repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    good point...and he never have been fast depsite of age.

duvan isnt a better player and doubt he will be...yeah he is stronger and bigger...not necesarily better....first he needs to be absolute starter

22. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao did pretty well by himself at times up there. However he did miss several clear chances that tells me he is just not that player we knew a while back. Thats why we needed a strong fast paced player up there, Falcao is not that

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    "miss several clear chances?"

24. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yes. missed a lot of the opportunities presented to him through out the tournament

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia